YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Where Did 'IT' Go?

 


This morning, I realized I have had no desire to knit, cross stitch, crochet or sew.  It's not like this just happened today either.  This has been going on since Sunday.  There is a pair of socks sitting to the right of me.  A cross stitch sampler laying to my left.  Crochet projects are just a room away from where I sit in the evening.  Sewing materials are in the room with the crochet projects. It's not like I don't have anything to work on.

Monday evening I forced myself to pick up the socks and put a few rows on them.  And when I say I forced myself, I truly mean it.  What is going on?  Seldom have I ever gone through this kind of a crafting slump.  The idea of casting on a new project does not even appeal to me.  Someone needs to take my temperature LOL!

What is bringing me joy at the moment is reading, journaling and listening to music.  Another thing bringing me joys is working in the kitchen.  Every few months I go through all our kitchen cabinets and drawers and cull out the things that are not being used or are useful for us.   It is amazing how much 'stuff' I am able to get out of my house each time I do this.  My closet is on the clean out list too.  I have clothes in there that have not been on my body for over 5 years!  They need to go to a new home too.  

So, maybe, it is not that my mojo has left.  Maybe it is the fact it has shifted to doing other things for a little while.  I am sure this decluttering bug will not last too long.  But while it is here I will take advantage of it and move things out of my home!  Could this be what experts call 'spring fever'?

Has spring fever hit you?  What changes happen to you when it hit?

Until next time..............................................


4 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha!! ♥ I go through stages where I'm very much into certain hobbies and projects, then my interest and focus shifts! I love what's giving you happiness right now! Maybe it is spring fever!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are finding joys in other things right now. The crafting will be there when you’re ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will return when it is good and ready. Other things are taking your attention and that is fine - it is all supposed to be good for the soul, so don't stress about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need to take a break, then by all means take one. You're being productive in other ways. I get like that sometimes. I've frogged the beginnings of a vest like 3-4 times and am debating on whether to try again tonight. I may just wait until tomorrow and cross stitch or read this evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.