YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

ASH WEDNESDAY & FLORA

 


Hubby and I got up super early this morning (5am) so we could go to Mass at 6:30am.  After Mass we got hubby a cup of coffee, went to Ace Hardware for some BBQ supplies, on to the water store to fill our bottles for our cooler and finally to the grocery store to pick up just a few items since it is 10% for seniors today.  

Once we got home (3 hours later) I got groceries put away, fed our dogs and sat down to do my morning meditation readings.  It is a gorgeous day outside so I decided it was time to take a walk and see what was happening around our neighborhood.  I have pictures!

Orchid tree




Close up of the orchid tree flowers

This tree has been blooming for almost a month now.  No aroma comes from it but the beauty of it is breath taking.  Pardon the 'split' on the total tree photo.  It was hard to see what I was shooting as the sun was directly on my phone's screen.


Acacia 'tree' smells so good

I wish I could describe the smell this tree emits.  It is such a sweet but pungent aroma.  I am one of the few that finds it a pleasant smell.  Once this looses it smell the citrus trees start blooming and then that sweet sweet fragrance fills our air.  


Aloe is blooming

Usually the blooms are BRIGHT red.  This one has just started to bloom so it is a little anemic at this time.



Love the flowers around the sego palm tree


Geraniums under the palm tree

I see this beauty everyday from my kitchen window.  During Christmas they put LED lights all the way up the trunk of this tree.  It gives me joy all year long.



These flowers bloom all year LOL

The flowers above are being seen more and more around these parts.  The metal flowers add some lovely bright color especially in the heat of the summer when most everything else is turning brown from the heat.

Our neighbors front yard of wild flowers

There used to be several yards with these orange and yellow flowers in them.  Now we are down to only a couple of them in the neighborhood.  From what we have seen, they are quite a mess and lots of trouble to clean up after they complete their bloom cycle.  I still like seeing them.

With all the sadness in the world today, I thought I would had a little joy to your life with my photos.  Hopefully, at least one of these photos put a little smile on your face today.

Until next time...........................................................





2 comments:

  1. What curb appeal you have and how lovely to have and to see this view every day. Yes, crazy happenings out there and I can only imagine what it's like. How lucky we are here despite our country's problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that parts of the country are looking so beautiful. While we've had some unseasonably warm weather, everything is still pretty brown and bare here in central Indiana. And our yard is waterlogged from snow and (unseasonable) rains. All that said, though, I know I'm going to blink and wonder how it's spring already one of these days very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.