YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

TERRIFIC TUESDAY

 


How is your day going? 

Have you ever gotten up in the morning and made the conscious decision that you are going to have a grand day no matter what comes your way?  This is something I have been trying to do for some time now.  Some days it works and some days it is a struggle to maintain the positive attitude.

Today, I have been able to keep my attitude positive even with the few set backs that have come at me.  My mom used to say it was looking for the silver lining in the issue.

Yesterday it was very hard to find that silver lining in some of the issues that arose. But, by the end of the day, I had found it and went to bed with a smile on my face.

Granted, there are times where it may take me a few days to find that silver lining in an issue or problem.  But, if I keep the faith, the gray clouds go away and the sunshine comes out for me.

How do you handle the road blocks that come at you?

Until next time...............................................


3 comments:

  1. I try every day to answer the question 'what will make today a great day' sometimes I succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never think about whether or not it will be a great day. I just take things as they come. Don't know that I ever consciously think this will be a good day. Recently we headed to the airport at o'dark thirty...checked in early as requested, sat and waited. Only to be told about 20 minutes before boarding the entire flight had been cancelled. People were scrambling trying to make arrangements, but basically we all were going to be delayed a full 24 hours. We were disappointed, as we were meeting up with our daughter for vacation; but there wasn't anything to be done, so we returned home went back the next day. Sometimes things happen and you just have to move along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Marsha. You give me something to think about. Probably for me, thinking about things to be thankful about can help me if I'm struggling. Getting out in nature sometimes clears my brain. It all can depend on the "issues" though, I suppose. Sometimes it's after I've thrown a tantrum that I realize a thing isn't as bad as I thought it was. Just being honest. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.