YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 27, 2022

WEEK 39 OF YOP 11

 


Seems I am getting a later than normal start today in writing my YOP blog.  It has been a nice lazy morning that I have been enjoying.  Isn't that the way Sundays are supposed to be?  Lazy?  It is one of the reasons we go to church on Saturday evening.  Not to mention it gives a nice 'end' to the week and sets up the beginning of the next week.  Double win-win.

My knitting this week kind of took a back seat to other things that needed to get completed.  So this is all I have to show for the week.



I finished my third 1/2 sock.  I now have plenty of them but will probably still make more down the road, just because I have so much leftover sock yarn.

Then I worked a bit on my RCR socks.


Once  finished the gusset I decided to put them on magic loop to complete them.  Not thinking I will complete them this week.  There are other things I want to do while our weather is super nice here.  

Speaking of weather......The last 3 days we have been in the 90's here.  While I am not quite ready for the heat to hit, it is a good reminder I need to get some outside stuff completed before it gets so warm I don't want to spend copious amounts of time outside.  Granted, we are expecting rain this coming week and a drop in temperatures, but still, I know the heat is coming and I need to be prepared.  

This past week, I did a lot cleaning up from having company the weekend before.  There were extra towels to wash, 3 sets of bedding to remove from beds (still need to wash those), fridge to rearrange (they always store their cold things in our fridge), and making sure all their items are out of my house (found 2 things that were left behind).

The one thing different I did this past week was going to Bookman's.  It is a used book store where you can trade in your books for credit or cash.  I had quite a few books to trade as well as puzzles.  Naturally, they only took about 10 books but I did receive almost $20 credit for them.  Since Josie's house at school (yes, it is kind of like Hogwart's in a parochial setting.) was having a book drive, I decided to use my credits to get some books for her drive.  The trick was, they were to be for 0-5 yr olds.  I was able to get 7 books for her to take to her school.  It was so much fun looking at all those picture books again.  BTW, Josie's house is St Anne's house.  Each house has their own special t-shirts and colors associated with them too.  See?  Kind of like Harry Potter.

The other thing out of the ordinary I did this week was go clothes shopping.  UGH!  I hate to shop for clothing.  The idea was to find some blouses and pants/skirts for church.  I scored on the blouses but struck out on the bottom part.  All the pants I found were just too heavy for our summers and there were absolutely zero skirts in my size!  I even tried on dresses and found nothing that made me happy.  I spent two days doing this shopping.  I do have 2 pairs of pants I wear to church.  One is a winter pant and I will melt in it this summer.  The other I have worn for the past 3 years and it is starting to show the wear and tear.  I found another pair of pants just like the ones I use now for summer.  Went to try them on (in the same size I have now) and could not even get them past my knees!  Seriously?  I went up 2 sizes and still could not get them on.  Needless to say, I was so angry, I just left the store.  I weigh less now than I did 3 years ago too!  I guess I could make some pants or a skirt.  This may be my best option yet.

Well, that is enough about me.  How about you?  What is on your needles/hooks?  How is your weather?

Until Next Time..................................Happy Crafting & Pray for Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. I am not a shopper. I find it really tiring. Looks like you're making good headway with your socks. Send me some of your warmth. It was only 26 F here again this morning. 5th day in a row that's been, windy, cold, and ugly. Not sure where my spring went. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are so pretty! I think I have several pair that need finishing and sock yarn to use up. I'm with you...I hate clothes shopping too. I was thinking of sewing skirts which would be cooler in the summer. I may even wear sandles and paint my toe nails! LOL!
    I can never find pants that fit right they need to make clothes for older women's figures...in my case anyway. It's cool here weather wise and then we'll probably be hot and humid and go right into summer. I hope not....like you, Spring is the time to get things done outside before it really gets hot! I need to get back to my shawl too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hate shopping which is why I don't "love" the dress I'll wear for my daughter's wedding. I figure I'm not the focus of the evening anyway so at least I have something. I'm so glad you figured out half socks. Sounds perfect for your lifestyle. In Cincinnati we have a similar bookstore that purchases old books, Half Price Books but I've gotten to just walking in and giving them mine. I don't want any money back. I just want the clutter out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your used bookstore is generous. In the past we bought like six bags of books to trade in for cash and got only $40 bucks out of it. But I guess it's better than nothing. I'm sorry clothes shopping was frustrating for you. I think making your own is a great idea and I hope it works out for you. There are great independent sewing designers out there that have simple pants patterns that for example, may have a flat front and elastic in the back. I have the Free Range Slacks pattern that can be tapered leg or wide leg. Helen's Closet has great patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the 90's? I can't even imagine (well I can and I am a bit jealous). It was rainy the last few days, but today was sunny and quite warm and a perfect day for bird watching/walking. I took a bunch of books to the neighbours little book library on the corner of their property and some knitting books to the fibre library just up the street where I scored some buttons. Sorry about your woes with pants shopping - I have pretty much been living in my jeans for two years - and they are getting pretty worn. I ordered a pair on line - but they weren't cotton, but polyester so they are not in the rotation. I am hoping once summer comes I can just get out my skirts and shorts and wait till next fall to worry about long pants again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate shopping too, I order tops online and just get the same style in a load of different colours. Trousers are a nightmare though, I'm short and apple shaped and trouser seem more designed for pear shaped people. If it fits my waist I often have elephant ear flap looking the spare material at my hips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a bookstore like that! I'm trying my best to read all the books I own and then trade them in. I don't get much money for them but they are 10 years old I guess not worth much. 90!! we have weather in the 20 degree range.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dress pants shopping is the WORST! I feel your pain, and hope a different store is less frustrating.

    We have a used book/media store called Wonder Book. They BUY everything, anything in unsalable condition is recycled. I like getting store credit and then buying more books!!

    Your little toe covers are adorable, and I love seeing your colorful bursts in updates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors in your projects - they feel very SpringLike to me! I hate clothes shopping. I have a few businesses I know don't change sizing on me, so if/when I need to replace something, I buy several and stash them just to NOT have to out and try things on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good on you for having a lazy Sunday - that is definitely what they are for. Love the locks, especially the pink ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.