YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

REMODEL

 


I can hardly believe it.  We finally are able to use all 3 of our bathrooms!  Monday our handyman (Dave) arrived to finish installing sinks, mirrors, fans, towel bars and other minor stuff.  He is such a great guy.

The first thing he did was install the HUGE mirror in our guest bath.  He had his dad come to help him with it.  As they were lifting it up to put on the wall, I hear some unlady like language coming from the bathroom.  My first though is "OH NO!  Not my new counter tops".  Then Dave comes out to tell me they broke a corner of the mirror off but he would be happy to build a frame for it so we could still use it.  Heck no!  This is my excuse to go shopping to replace the 50 year old mirror that was so outdated and a pain to clean.

As I am on my way to At Home (love this store) I get a phone call from hubby to inform me the large mirror in the master bath got a corner broken off also.  Not a problem.  I am already going to buy mirrors so I will just add more to the list.  I am just thankful the counter tops are not being damaged.

While shopping for mirrors, hubby calls again and I immediately answer with "what got broken now".  He laughs and tells me nothing but could I stop at the hardware store to pick up our special order.  What a relief that was!

After Dave finished we went to pay him and he tried to refuse any payment because of the damage he did.  Well, we refused to accept that since he had spent 7 hours working on everything and the mirrors were just a minor inconvenience.  Besides, those bathroom mirrors needed to be updated.

So, now I can show you photos of the bathrooms.



This is our guest bath.  I so love the new mirrors in there.  Before it was just one long mirror across the entire length of the that wall.  We have a bit of touch up to do on the walls but that is not too big a deal.


Here is the master bath.  Yes, we find it strange there are 2 sinks in the guest bath and only 1 sink in the master.  I will say, it worked well when we had 3 children living with us.  


This replaced the mirror that covered this entire wall.  


This mirror replaces a non broken mirror.  I just fell in love with it when I saw it and since it was 50% off..................had to have it.  This sits over my vanity.


A close up of the quartz counter tops.  The flooring for the master bath has the same look to it as this.  The flooring for the guest bath matches the color of the cabinets and looks like bamboo.


Since there is no door between the master bedroom and the master bath, I hang these sheers to give it a little more sense of being separate.  The shower and toilet have a door but not this area.

Now that this is done, we are just about finished with putting everything away.  I have already disposed of a huge box of 'trash'.  I am sure there will be a bit more after I finish the last of the items today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time...........................................................

4 comments:

  1. Interesting layout for a bathroom. The new mirrors are fun and modern. Everything looks great and hoo-rah for everything being finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks so nice and fresh and new!!! how exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some pretty and fun mirrors there! In a previous house we the non-master bathroom had two sinks and the master had one (and a tiny little bathroom). While the little master bathroom was a bit too small, we were glad to have our young boys share the larger 2-sinked bathroom. Two sinks would have been nice when they were teens, but by that time we were living in a different house with just one sink in the non-master bath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun mirrors you chose, they look lovely. I see there’s a vanity bit with a place for a stool to go under, can you see in the mirror when seated? Or perhaps it’s not for sittings at and is for a laundry basket to go underneath. Anyway they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.