YOP LIST 2024-2025

Sunday, November 15, 2020

WEEK 20


 It is a happy day!  I have a lot to cover today, so let's get started.

I have a finish for this week.


Hubby's socks are completed and have been worn already.  I finished the second sock on Friday morning.  For the moment, I do not have any socks on the needles.  How long will that last?  I have no clue.  There are so many WIP's in my basket.  My goal is to get a few of those completed before the end of the calendar year.  

Here is one WIP that should be finished either today or tomorrow.



Do you now how hard it is to take a photo of a partially finished hat without a head to put it on?  This is Josie's slouch hat, made from the alpaca yarn we got on our alpaca farm tour.  The pattern is Percussion and is free on Ravelry.  I am learning how to do jogless stripes as well as how to carry yarn for color changes.  With carrying the yarn up the back of the hat, that means there will only be 3 ends to weave in when this is completed.  It is almost at the halfway point.

Those are the only 2 items I worked on this week because I had dog/teen duty.




These were my main focus this past week.  Josie has quite a busy schedule with school and her acting and voice.  Thor has a busy schedule holding the couch down.  My duty was only 4 days this time.  Josie's photo was taken this past week as she was getting ready to attend the red carpet event for the viewing of their production of "The Addams Family".  Since play houses are not opened yet, the kids are doing plays but have been filming them.  I think this is a great thing as it keeps them active in theater and also gives them a taste of what it is like to be in films too.

It will be another busy Sunday for me.  I already have 1 load of laundry going with 2 more to do.  The bread machine is busy making my dough for my pullman loaf bread.  There are menus to make for the next 10 days as well as a grocery list to do.  If there is time, I will be heading to the grocery store to pick up needed items for the menu.  After all of that is done, I need to water my indoor plants and wind my antique clock.  If I get all this done, I will then settle down and work on Josie's hat.  With completing all these items today, it gives me the next week to work on decluttering and crafty projects.

Today I am going to leave you with something I got from my Portuguese knitting group on Facebook.  It made me smile and even chuckle a little.

I had an epiphany this morning.  Remarkable, because I hadn't any coffee yet.  Therefore; I am blaming it on the mittens I am knitting for my son in law (whom I adore, by the way!),  Anyway, I have decided that we are not Yarnaholics.  We are Yarn Scouts!  We search out yarn the way snipers search out the enemy.  No yarn store on line or off goes neglected and/or unscathed.  And there are levels of achievement that must be merited.  Needles.  Skills with needles.  Techniques with needles!  The various kinds and materials knitting needles are made of!  Ladies, do you know that as an instructor, each of my clients gets a booklet on everything acrylic to wood in needles as well as fibers.  And what the benefits are. Therefore; when we ply our skills to yarn we become: Fiberologists!  This was inspired by a member of another Company Group! Anyway, My epiphany brought me to the most important merit badge of all:  Yarn Stashing.  I have called this badge, the Squirrel Hut.  Why?  I'm so happy you asked!  Because we squirrel yarn for contingency plans.  When we need it, it'll be there.  Rainy day inspirations!  That special someone yarn, etc.  Therefore; if anyone says you're a Yarnaholic, you may correct them and say:  Nope.  I am a professional Scout Master of Fiber Ops!  Have a wonderful day and knit away!  I do hope this made you all smile.


Until Next Time....................................Happy Crafting & Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. What a great week you had getting to be with your granddaughter and "puppy". Looks like hubby is enjoying his new socks. I agree that I always have a pair on needles as they are usually my mindless knitting project.

    Thanks for sharing the yarn scout post. Totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. My husband has been trying to name my craft room for a year now, and I've resisted every name he's wanted to give it. I just told him I've found the name. Fiber Ops! From now on, if I'm here and he can't find me, I'll be holed up in Fiber Ops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your granddaughter is able to do some "theatre".
    Nice job on the socks.
    I see you started the hat at the top, a skill I find very challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! The socks are done...mine got frogged...long story. What a pretty picture of Josie and her hat is looking great! That's awesome about only 2 ends to weave in! I am tired today so I didn't nearly get done what I wanted too but there's tomorrow! I'm sure hubby loved the socks. They turned out great. Good old Thor holding down the couch! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. teen and dog duty sounds wonderful to me! I like the explanation of yarnaholics...that works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous socks? And it sounds as though a great week was had. I like the kind of week Thor had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thor being busy holding down the couch made me chuckle, it sounds like a lovely week. The socks look great and how nice they’ve already been worn. I haven’t tried to learn jogless joins yet, so must make sure that’s on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.