YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 3, 2019

WEEK 36


Hello again.  It is that time of week when I sit down and try and entertain all you blog readers.  Try is the optimum word here.  You figure reading this blog will take anywhere from 5-15 minutes of your time.  That is 5-15 minutes of your life, you will never get back again.  Therefore, there should be something in this blog that holds your attention and gives you some type of entertainment for those 5-15 minutes. Right?  So let's start off with some crafting news.



Can you see the sparkles in this photo?  I know, it looks like there is lint on the fabric.  Nope, that is the metallic thread that is in the fibers.  It is plentiful as you can see.



The bottom section is what I completed this week.  The shawl has just increased to almost 400 stitches, so the going is a bit slower from here on.  I have 2 sections left to do before the bind off.  It is still a bit smaller than I had hope for.  I believe this will make a fine 'neck' shawl but not a shawl for the shoulders to keep a person warm that way.

There is a FO this week too.



Another To The Point shawl for the prayer shawl ministry  The body of this one is made with Vanna's yarn and the edging is Crafters Secret Soft from Hobby Lobby.  I really liked the yarn for the body of the shawl.  Take a closer look.



It was a bit on the tweedy side.  The other interesting thing about this yarn.  It seemed to change color.  In one light it looked gray, in different light, brown  and still in another setting greenish.  I tried all three colors for the edging and not one of them looked good with it.  Good thing I had a nice neutral cream colored yarn!

My mailbox this week gave me a lovely present to myself.



Sea Glass progress keepers/ stitch markers.  Highlandheffalump  (A fellow YOPer and blogger) made these and sold them last week.  How exciting to receive something from another country!  Let me tell you, these little gems are absolutely a delight to look at.  Liz did a fantastic job of making them and when she packaged them for international shipping, she did a fabulous job for that too.  The best thing is, they are not huge nor heavy!  These could be attached to your finest lace project and they would not pull on the fabric or weigh it down.

They are not very big either.



See how petite they are?  They will be perfect for socks and other small items as well as my shawls and other larger projects.  Thank you so much Liz for the opportunity to  purchase such a wonderful item.

That covers my knitting/crocheting this week.  I do have dishcloths in the making.  They will be revealed the last Sunday of the month.

As for other news..............We had a retreat at our church yesterday.  We really enjoy helping with the retreats.  The day after though..................we are pretty wiped out.  I will hand it to my hubby though.  He is at our friends house helping them remodel their kitchen.  And me?  Sitting at home having a cup of coffee and writing this for all you faithful readers.  Hubby was able to go to Mass yesterday but I ended up going today.  Now you know why he is out helping and I am home typing.

This afternoon, we will be heading to the other side of the 'city' to have dinner with our daughter, her husband and his family.  The 'kids' are doing all the cooking so us 'old folks' can just sit back, relax and enjoy the day.  It should be a nice day and the weather is perfect too..  Very sunny outside and in the mid 70's today.  

Next week is the beginning of Lent.  This is the time of year I become very creative with meatless meals on Fridays.  I am not a huge fan of seafood which makes meatless Fridays somewhat of a challenge.  If any of you have fantastic meatless recipes for main dishes, let me know.  I love to try new recipes.  Oh, and please, no tofu recipes either.  Tried it, hated it.  We do love beans and pastas and cheese etc.  

Ok, I do believe that is all for today.  I want to take a little time and work on my shawl before we leave.  Not to mention, my coffee cup is empty and is needing a refill.

Until next time...............Happy Crafting!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words, I am so glad you like them. We were back on the beach today with our dog collecting more bits of glass and shells. The sparkle and colours on that first shawl look lovely. I thought about giving up chocolate for lent, but my husband fears for his life if I go without. I haven’t eaten meat for 30 years, have a look on Pinterest for vegetarian recipes and I am sure you’ll find lots of good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, Lent. I give up social media for Lent - fb and instagram - but not blogging! Never! lol. Meatless Fridays...Quiche, or a vegetable pie?
    The stitch markers are gorgeous. I was tempted, but I have soooooo many stitch markers that I am trying to be disciplined about buying any more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitch markers are just gorgeous Marsha, and I'm not surprised to find you love them, they were gorgeous on Liz's blog earlier in the week. Sounds like you've had a busy week and as for meatless Fridays, quiche is my go to dish of choice. Not very exciting but one I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawls are lovely. I especially love that To The Point shawl with the contrasting border....simply lovely! The yarns you used for both are so pretty and who doesn't love some sparkles?!? Liz's progress keepers are gorgeous! We have been missing each other via email. I am hoping to get some too but don't want her to go to any trouble if she's out of them.
    As for meatless....one of my favorites is Mario Batali's Eggplant Parmesan and it's a healthy version that tastes fabulous! His sauce is the best and all I make anymore...so easy and you can't believe how good it tastes. For something light and also very healthy, I make a Mediterranean salad with no lettuce just corn, red pepper, cucumber etc with goat cheese or I use Feta and a great dressing. Just Google it and I'm sure you'll find it. My kids couldn't get enough of it when they were here...even the little ones! LOL! If you can't find it let me know and I will email it to you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about a vegetarian chili or veggie curry?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sparkles, makes me want to start my sparkly socks! I got some stitch markers too, and so can testify to them being wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.