YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Ash Wednesday

Image result for ash wednesday


And so it begins.  Lent.  It is probably my favorite time of the church year.  Don't ask me why, it just is.  Maybe because the end of lent is Easter and what a joyous occasion that is.

Our day started quite early......4:45 to be exact.  Hubby got a phone call last week asking if we could serve at the 6:30 Mass.  He said yes not realizing it was 6:30 AM!!!!  It is a good thing I love him LOL!

Image result for heart

After Mass, we went grocery shopping.   You know, there are not a lot of people at the grocery stores at 7:30 in the morning.  We were able to get in and out of two stores and home by 9.  Then the chore of putting the food away and vacuum sealing up the chicken thighs and breasts we got.  Also, the 93% lean ground beef was on sale so we picked up 10 pounds of that too.  Today is senior day at our local stores which means we get an additional 10% off our total bill.
Image result for senior discount
  

After all of that, I sat down and read the recipe I decided to make for tonight.  Spinach, Mushroom and Feta Crustless Quiche.  Well, wouldn't you know it, it calls for a pie dish and that is one item I no longer have in my kitchen. Four of them were given away three years ago when we remodeled the kitchen. Silly me!   Off to Goodwill I went, and picked up a Pyrex pie dish for $4.  

Spinach and Mushroom and Feta Crustless Quiche is a great low carb breakfast or brunch tread packed with vegetables and protein. BudgetBytes.com

I would like to thank all of you that offered me meatless recipe ideas.  The quiche came from one of those ideas.  Pinterest and I have become very good friends.  My next 6 meatless Fridays have been planned.  Actually, I found so many yummy ideas, there may be more meatless meals in our future.

Image result for pinterest

My knitting needles are calling my name.  

Until next time...................happy crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Your quiche looks hella good! Wow, that is an early mass; kudos to you on being devoted parishoners of your church and getting asked to helped. One of my daughter's friends brought for lunch before Lent started all this junk food. I asked my kid is she Catholic? Maybe it's for Lent and yep, she's giving that up for Lent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.