YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Back from Vegas

I am back from Vegas poorer but happier. We had a great time and are so glad we went with our friends, Beth and Charles. They had me laughing so hard I was in tears a couple of times this weekend. It was great even if DH and I didn't 'win' any $$$. Anybody know how many calories in strawberry daquiris? I have a feeling there are alot because I gained almost everything back I had lost last month! Now I get to start over again. My friend, Beth, said she is blaming it on McDonalds. After all the daquiris are just really really yummy fruit juice. (I love that lady!)

I worked on THE socks on the way up and back but they still are not done. I only got about 4-5 inches done on them but then that is because it takes 11 rows to make an inch of sock. I will get them done yet. I was so hopeful that I even took some yummy bamboo yarn with me to do bed socks from my mom. Oh well..........I will get to them too.

DH and I will be returning to Vegas again next month for a conference for me. I have to go to keep my credentials up to date. We will be at Ceasars then. We have never stayed there so are kind of looking forward to a new experience.

DH will be going up to Vegas without me right after Easter to paint his mom's house. He will be home 2 days before we go back for my "thing". He will probably not want to go back for a bit after that. Although he did tell his mom that he would come up sometime this summer to help paint the inside of her house.

DD started her new job yesterday. She said she will never get bored there. I am so glad she found a job she really likes and that can hold her interest.

There is a rumor in the air that my brother may be coming up this Friday to visit mom. It is not written in stone yet but that will be nice to have him here for a week. Better now than in the middle of the summer when we hit 115 degrees.

Not much else going on other than work so I won't bore you all with that.

Have a great and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.