YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, April 1, 2024

WEEK 40 / EASTER MONDAY

 


Yes, I know I am a day late for my blog post.  Last week was Holy Week which goes into Easter so I was quite busy with church life and family time.  Today it is much quieter and has given me time to sit down at my laptop and type up an update.

I worked on the shawl this past week and managed to get another pattern repeat done.


I do not like it at all.  I like the pattern and I like the yarn but I do not like the two together.  The yarn has too much 'memory' in it and will not block out to the correct size.  So, now I am debating on whether to continue and make it into a cowl or just frog the whole thing and move on to something else.  I am leaning towards the latter.

I pulled out my cross stitch and did a bit of work on it.


The blue circle is where I put some stitches in.  It is hard to see since it was very pale gray on white fabric.  It took me several hours just to do those few stitches.

That is all for crafting this week.  I am feeling much better but the nasty cough is still hanging on.  I finally managed to bruise a couple of ribs from coughing.  Otherwise, I feel great.  The Dr did give me a consult this week and we will be spacing out my RA injections to every 3 weeks instead of weekly and hopefully this will give my immune system a chance to heal between shots.  If not, she will put me on something else.  

I bought a book!  Most of the books I read are on my kindle.  In fact, I am finishing up the last book of the  Garage Sale mystery series by Shelly Harris.  If you like cozy mysteries, this is a great series to read.  But, the book I bought, I have been trying to get through Libby for some time.  I finally gave up and ordered from ThriftBooks.


So many of you have already read it and loved it so I am going on those recommendations and will start it as soon as I finish the one on my Kindle.

I got a little gift from my daughter and her husband for Easter.


Two gnew gnomes!  They are so different from any other I own. There was also some yummy chocolates in the basket too. They are so thoughtful.

I also signed up for the Gnome News is Good News MKAL with Imagined Landscape that will start the middle of this month.  I am waiting for my yarn to arrive that I ordered for it.  Is anyone else going to do that MKAL?

Here is your chuckle for the day/week?


Until Next Time........................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the shawl will be too short as knit. It looks terrific but I can appreciate if it doesn't stretch it isn't going to wrap around properly. At first hubby was sad to miss the LONG mass on Saturday night because in the past the choir sang A LOT. With the new priest sharing in our diocese, the music director at the church having the Saturday mass didn't want a choir. Hubby had to admit when he got up to sing the 8:30 mass on Easter that he was glad he hadn't been up till midnight due to the Saturday evening mass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique shawl design, I really like the color. I loved reading Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe, such a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. That cartoon. I think your shawl looks cool, but sounds like it is not coming out as expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good Easter. That’s a shame about the shawl and yarn not working well together. Those are cute gnomes. I bought a few of the gnome patterns already so I’m just making those and not doing this MKAL but that’s not to say I won’t do the next. They are certainly fun to knit and have hanging round the house. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! Those gnew gnomes are adorable! I’m not doing Sarah’s MKAL, but a friend of mine is gnome-gnuts. 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha, I can't see from the picture what you're struggling with, but I sure do understand the dilemma of whether or not to frog a project you're that far into. It is beautiful yarn, though. I'm sure you'll find the perfect project for it. Looking forward to watching you work through the Imagined Landscape KAL! And yes... the comic was pretty funny. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.