YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, April 7, 2024

WEEK 41

 

YOP UPDATE FOR WEEK 41 OF YEAR 13


The above photo was my phone screen saver for many moons.  It is a fiber enthusiast dream room.

Any who.......This week flew by for me.  I am finally off of antibiotics and feel so much better.  The cough is so minor now and my ribs are beginning to heal.  Well, they were until I tripped and fell over a parking lot stop block on Thursday night. I fell flat down on my face but managed to keep my head from hitting the pavement.



And, no, I was not at a bar, I was at church!  Luckily, I only got a nasty raspberry on my knee and a small one on my elbow. Hubby was right there\ to help me get up.  Note to self...........when dark outside, look down, periodically, when walking.  So, the fall did jar my ribs a bit but they really are feeling better.

Do you remember this from last week?


Well, it still looks like that.  I still have not decided if I will make it into a cowl or frog it.  So, it sits in time out in my WIP basket until further notice.

With that being out of my sight, I decided I needed to cast something else on.


This is Wrap Me Easy.  A free shawl pattern on Ravelry.  I like the way it will lay over the shoulders when worn.  I am making it in Knit Picks Brava Worsted in the colorway Alfalfa.  I am not a green person at all.  But, I do love this bright color and think it may cheer someone up who is feeling a bit punked.  It is also a super easy TV knit project.  I am about 1/3 of the way done with it.  It will become slower going from here on as it increases 7 stitches every other row.

That is all for crafting this past week.  Our grand daughter from Wyoming was in town so we spent some time with her.  It was so good to be with her.  

Hubby and I are working on getting a large shade item for our backyard that we can cook under.  We had found a gazebo we liked but neither of us liked how it needed to be anchored to our cool decking or our yard.  So now we are looking at cantilever umbrellas.  They seem a bit more feasible for our smallish backyard with our pool.  Without any shade in our backyard, it is impossible to cook outdoors in the middle of our summers.

Josh is doing ok.  He felt a bit unsteady last week.  He met with his Dr and was informed he is a bit dehydrated.  He was 'told' to get that water down and stay away from tea and coffee and all caffeinated beverages since they are diuretics.  His wife and I kind of rolled our eyes as we have been telling him that for months!  Hopefully he got the message this time.

I will leave you with a little 'dad joke'  humor I found.




Until Next Time.......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!




6 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful shade of green. What a perfect shawl. Sorry to hear about that fall and glad you weren't hurt too bad. I can totally see that happening to me. I detest drinking water so I'm in Josh's camp. We are having a similar problem with my dad. He was dehydrated when my brother took him to the hospital last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the color on the new wrap. I am a green girl and I might have to put some of this color in my cart at Knit Picks. Glad you granddaughter was in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I’m glad you didn’t break anything when you fell. Maybe some naturally caffeine tea like Rooibos / Redbush may help if he struggles with water and prefers hot drinks. I’m not very good at drinking just water too. A large parasol will definitely extend your outside time during the year which will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marsha. That fall sounds like it could have done serious damage. I'm so glad you didn't get badly hurt. I like that shawl pattern and saved it on Ravelry. Something that has helped me drink more water is having a large stainless steel-lined water tumbler. Mine is a Stanley wannabe that a friend gave me last year. I LOVE cold water and am amazed at how long one of these cups can keep water cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh, I thought I was accident prone!! Be careful and always look down while walking :) I am on an antibiotic and meds for oral thrush (again) both cause nausea and it's exhausting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great "Dad" joke lol...Oh Marsha...falling...I hope you're okay! I know you said you only got a few bruises, but my gosh. Yeah, looking down would be a good idea, I'm guilty of forgetting to do that too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.