YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, April 21, 2024

WEEK 43


 Summer is showing it's head here in Arizona.  Our temps are flirting with 100F!  I finally had to turn on our A/C this week. *sigh*  My shorts have appeared in my daily wear.  I have put my sweaters, long pants and long sleeved shirts into hibernation for the next 6 months. 

My knitting took a bit of a hit this week.  I was busy with helping family and friends out.  That means I was away from home quite a bit and even though my knitting traveled with me, it was not picked up as often as it would have been if I had been at home.

Here is what progress I have made on the Wrap Me Easy shawl.


The progress keeper shows where I was.  The third skein of yarn is in use and that will be the last skein for this project.  The rows are super long now so that skein is getting used rapidly.  I am hoping to be completed with this by next week.

The Gnome MKAL started on Thursday with clue one.  My knitting of the first clue did not commence until yesterday.  I still have part of clue one to do and clue 2 came out yesterday also.  It is printed and waiting for me.  The last part of clue one is casting on with a crochet provisional cast on.  So, most of you are thinking 'no big deal'.  Well it is for me.  I crochet left handed and knit right handed!  Trying to hold a crochet hook in my right hand and make it move is not going well at all.  Since my house is quiet this morning, I am going to sit infront of my computer and try it again in slow motion.  I will accomplish this task yet.  Not to mention it will add to another knitting skill to my repertoire. 


Here are the colors I am using for this MKAL.  I will not be showing the gnome in progress as it is a mystery and I do not want to give anything away in case someone making it is not to the point I am.  I will say, the first 2 pieces I made do not make any sense to me......yet.  

So that wraps up my crafting this week.

Yesterday, I reorganized my baking shelf in my pantry.


Since I bake bread weekly I need my ingredients handy.  I also got back into making our ice cream and working with my sourdough.  Everyone in my family knows this shelf is for nothing other than baking supplies.  I trained them well. There were a few items that ended up in the trash can and other things I found where I had more than one container of them.  That all got decluttered and put together.

I also got out into our backroom (the work room) and got 2 of our wire racks organized and decluttered.  Gosh, it feels good to accomplish that.  

Today I am finishing up some laundry that didn't get done because of other commitments this past week. There will also be a loaf of bread baked. I also finished up vacuum sealing the meat we bought at the grocery on Friday.  We have a stand alone ice make and we have that going today too.  With the temperatures going up, we are using more ice in our beverages to keep them cool. The indoor plants need some water too.  Hopefully, with doing all these little mundane things today, I will be able to just kick back tomorrow and work on the shawl and Gnome.

I made ice cream yesterday which we will have for desert tonight.  I have a Ninja Creami and it makes just enough ice cream for two people to share.  Love it!  

While taking care of my BFF's dogs, I saw this in her front yard as I was leaving.


Hopefully mom and her ducklings are all ok.  The reason I was taking care of dogs is, there was a coyote walking down her street as she was leaving for work.  So, she locked up her doggy door so they couldn't get out.  Me, being the good friend I am, went to give them a potty break.  But, the ducks were the highlight of my day!

Oh, when we went grocery shopping, they were giving out samples of wine!  I am always on the look out for a tasty wine to sip in the evenings.  Well, there was one there I fell in love with.


What a funny name for a wine brand.  This is a Pinot Noir.  I am not a big red fan but this one was so smooth and ended with a little sweet flavor.  I am all about sweet!

That my friends is all I can think of right now.  We have not started on the backyard yet.  Hubby tried to slice the end of his finger off last weekend, so we are letting it heal before we dive into it.

Here is your chuckle for the day................


Until Next Time.....................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I adore the color you are using for the shawl - what a blessing that will be for someone.

    I just had to learn the provisional crochet cast on for a cardigan I am knitting. The best video that I found worked for me was Stephen West. He goes slow and his voice is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was attempting to snow here when I left for work this morning. I find the differences in our weather amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been enjoying homemade french bread to go with roast beef and veggies. Hubby made both and made fresh bread each time we had leftovers this week. Life does get in the way of knitting some times. I take it with me to my dad's but usually don't even pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those ducklings are adorable!! It's nice you are helping out your friend that is much appreciated!! My knitting is minimal since I'm babying my wrists and it's quite successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They must have toasty feet those wee ducklings 🐥. Well done on some more decluttering, I moved some of my husband’s stuff from the crafting room to another cupboard elsewhere so not exactly decluttered. It’s nice when you have everything you need handy for one job though, like baking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven’t made homemade ice cream in years! My hubby and I have been thinking about purchasing an ice cream maker… do you use one or make it a different way? Such a sweet duck family and you are the best in giving those pups a potty break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our air conditioner has been turned on a few times already here. We have reached 80 degrees a few times, and we're promised those temps this weekend. Not complaining! The colors you've chosen for your gnome MKAL is beautiful. I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty gnome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.