YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, April 28, 2024

WEEK 44 IN REVIEW

 


Yes, it is time for another update.  It was another busy week at Casa de Noce.  Here is a snap shot of my week.

Sunday - after my update, I vacuum sealed up some roasts, fed my sourdough starter, watered indoor plants, boiled eggs, baked a loaf of bread and cooked up bacon.

Monday - Our TX transplanted family came over and installed a new ceiling fan in our livingroom and got our outdoor cantilever umbrella set up.  After that, we took them to lunch and then went to their house and helped organize their garage so they could get their EV car in there so they could charge it.  It was nice to spend the day with them.

Tuesday - It was laundry day.  I am trying to spread out the laundry throughout the week.  So today I only did one load.  Then I did some straightening up of 'problem' areas.  Called my Dr's office to update my RX.  Cleaned the woodfire grill/smoker and cleaned out the pool skimmer.  In the evening I finally finished the shawl.



I like the way it sits so nicely on the shoulders and 'hugs' you.  So glad to get this off the needles.  But then, I was stuck as to what I was going to make next.  When in doubt....


RCR socks for the win.  

Wednesday - I spent most of the morning in the kitchen making Sourdough crackers, cleaning veggies and baking carrot cake cupcakes.  YUM!

Thursday - It was a really different day.  I got up at 5am to take my TX DIL to have minor surgery on her wrist.  By the time we got home it was already noon and I was spent.  Nothing else got done for the day and that was fine by me.

Friday - I got the menus for the week made as well as the grocery list.  Then, off to the grocery store we went to fill our larder.  We sat back and relaxed in the evening and I worked on the MKAL gnome


 This is a photo of the gnome.  I am not thinking you can figure out what is going on with it.  Even my hubby who sits right next to me while I work on this can not figure it out yet.  I have learned 3 new knitting skills.  One of them I do not want to ever repeat!  It's called welting.  It was so hard on my hands, I do not want to repeat it...........EVER!  

Saturday - Another early wake up of 5:30 to go and pick up food for our church's food bank.  We only ended up with 10 pounds of food this week.  Hopefully the other 4 people were gifted with more than us.  I did a load of laundry and then we went to Mass.  When we got home I made a marinade for our Sunday Carne Asada meat.  YUM!

Today - Later today I will be making sourdough tortillas to go with our Carne Asada.  There will also be jalapeno poppers made for hubby for lunch.  For desert I am making a no bake cheesecake pie.  I will also prepare some ice cream for us to eat later this week.  We have found that having just a bit of something sweet in the evenings really seems to make the perfect ending to our day.

Speaking of sweets........One day in the past couple of weeks, we had spent the entire day out of the house.  By the time we got home we had missed lunch and dinner.  We were both kind of hungry but not wanting something heavy so.....................We had ice cream for our missed meals.  Being an adult means you can break all the rules!

That completes my week.  Our weather was miserably warm (for this time of year) until Thursday.  Then it cooled back down and had some lovely breezes.  We will be able to enjoy this weather today and then.............zip, back up to the 90's and getting darn close to 100! *sigh* it happens ever year.

Here is your chuckle for the day


And to give you your AWE for the day.................


He sleeps like this every morning after he eats breakfast.  Love these cuddles.

Until Next Time...........................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. All your sourdough goodness sounds amazing. I just love the color of the shawl. Glad you have family near so you can support and help each other out with projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am worried about how hot it's going to be this summer. We are already 10-15 degrees above normal. At least at the moment I get to enjoy warm temperatures without the humidity of July/August. Fortunately living in the middle of 14 acres of woods helps keep my "knitting deck" a little cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, I had to look up Carne Asada. =) That looks so good! Will you be making it in your smoker? The finished shawl looks pretty. I do love the color. Perfect for spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice to catch up with you! We were with our grands most of last week and now I'm playing the big catch up at home. It'll take me a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shawl and the colors for your socks is awesome! We are having carne asada for Taco Tuesday tonight ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way the shawl sits it’s like a shawligan or a cardiawl. Yes you can’t go wrong with RCR. I’m sorry the gnome had a technique you didn’t like, I’ve learned some new things knitting the gnomes as well. It all comes together in the end, so hope you aren’t disheartened. Sounds like it was a busy but lovely week. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my the colours of the gnome are amazing! I did welting on a Stephen West pattern once - I think it might be easier on a larger project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.