YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 24, 2024

WEEK 39

 



Hey guys.  Glad you took the time to drop by again.  This week was productive for me.  I finally got to the Dr and was diagnosed with bronchitis (oh yay!) which led me to being told to rest, stay home and take care of me.  Well, that means I need to do lots of knitting!  So I did.

I finished my RCR socks.


I have worn them,  washed them and worn them a second time already.  The color is so cheerful and makes me happy.

Last week I had said I would probably head over to making prayer shawls next.  Normally I would have grabbed my crochet hook and whipped out a couple of To The Point shawls by this weekend.  Well, I did grab my crochet hook and tried to start that shawl but the cough syrup I was put on was making me fuzzy headed.  I could not comprehend how to start that shawl that I have made almost 40 times!  Well, phooey!  I headed to off to Ravelry to see if there was anything there that peaked my interest.

TA-DA!


 Introducing Rolling on the River.  A rectangular knit shawl done in fingering weight yarn.  This may take me a year to complete.  The pattern is fun to do too.  It is a 28 row pattern so I doubt I will ever memorize it.  It will be a great way to use up some of my self striping sock yarn that I seem to be over run with.  This should use up 3 of my 100 gm skeins of sock yarn.  The perfect thing is, it is very light weight so I shouldn't mind working on it as it gets warmer and warmer here.

With the weather warming up, I am getting the itch to pull out my cross stitch and start working on it again.  While decluttering my craftroom, I found 2 more cross stitch pieces waiting for me to work on them.  So, time to give the one I am currently working on a bit of love.  Ok, a LOT of love.

I received treasures this week too.  Most of them were just items to organize my kitchen pantry so not real exciting.  The one I am super excited about is this.


I have a very small, Cooking for Two, cookbook from America's Test Kitchen and have used it and love it so much.  So when I saw this one available on ThriftBooks, I grabbed it.  This makes it so easy for me to plan our menus and not have tons of leftovers.  Even after having an empty nest for over 20 years, I still have issues of cooking smaller amounts.  Might be because I cooked for 5-6 people, every meal, for over 20 years and my brain refuses to believe there are only 2 here now.  

That is all for me this week.  I am feeling so much better.  I still have a nasty deep cough but it is getting less and less each day.  Hopefully it will be all gone by the end of this week.  I have 13 people coming over for Easter dinner so need to be in tip top shape for that.

Until Next Time...............................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are on the mend. The new shawl pattern looks lovely. I always love the shortie socks you create. Is the pattern available on Ravelry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have a diagnosis, Marsha, and I hope you're all better soon. Your socks look beautiful - I just those pinks and purples and reds together. And the shawl pattern looks really intriguing. The colors in your yarn are very appropriate for the name of the pattern. And so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holy Week! I hope you feel better soon. And now I’m off to look at that shawl pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are adorable in that yummy yarn! I'm so sorry you're sick. There is a lot of whatever that is going around all over. Your new shawl is so pretty..the yarn, the colors, the design is so unique....I love it! I don't cook much variety anymore. I steer clear of many things I used to love but I feel great and no trips to the ER so it's worth it! LOL!
    I am just like you though when I cook I still cook like there are 6 of us here but I don't mind cooking once a week and eating it all week. I never get tired of things.
    BTW this is Sam. I can't wait to see your cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying you feel better soon! I need to look for that cookbook for some new inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.