YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 17, 2024

WEEK 38

 



Where did this past week go?  Feels like I just wrote a blog post yesterday.  It was a productive week though.  Not just in my crafting either.

Speaking of crafting............


I am nearing the toes of these.  I believe I need 20 more rows and then the toes.  They should be completed by my next update.  Then I need to decide what to make next.  I am leaning towards prayer shawl making.  When I went to Mass yesterday, one of the prayer shawl ladies asked me if I needed anymore supplies for the shawls.  I took that as a gentle hint they are in need.  I have plenty of yarn set aside for this endeavor so might as well get going on it.

I spent this past week decluttering my craft room.  Oh my goodness.  I actually got quite a bit out of it.  No yarn, this time though.  I got rid of sewing patterns, knitting books, crafts I will never do, Knick knacks I no longer find joy in, etc.  I also put batteries into the two clocks I have in there and wound up my antique mantle clock so I can hear it chime every hour.  I now, love going in there and working on projects.  I even found one I had started and never completed.  I have worked on it a few times this past week and will continue to work on it a bit at a time.  It is one of those felt applique project with lots of tiny pieces that turn into Christmas ornaments.  I had two of them but one is being decluttered to a new home as it was unopened.  I will keep the one that I had started and hopefully will finish it before Christmas this year.  I am using a combo of crafting glue and hand sewing.  No, that is not what the instructions call for but then, I am not great at following instructions.  LOL

I was also faithful to my menu list this week.  There was a warm home cooked meal on the table every night...............until last night.  We met up with family and friends at Mass and we all went out to eat afterwards.  But................I had the food prepped for dinner so will cook it for lunch today.  Tonight is corned beef and cabbage night.  Hubbys favorite!

There were the normal household chores (laundry, dusting, mopping etc) that was done this past week too.  It is about time to completely dismantle my kitchen and deep clean the granite counter tops.  It is on my to do list for next week.  Do any of you make to do lists?

I will leave you with a bit of humor.  If you 'get it' I think it means you are old like me.


Until Next Time.....................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you’ve made great progress in your socks! I declutterred my crafting area a few months ago and donated quite a bit. The only downside I wish I hadn’t donated my fabric… oh well. Enjoy your week Marsha 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks look great. A fun pair to wear. I need to declutter, I just never do it. Partly because my hubby is unable to throw anything away!!! I could tackle the linen closets. Glad to hear your crafting room gives you more joy now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marsha... yes, I'm old. lol Reading about your decluttering your craft supplies makes me wish we lived close enough for you to come over and help me with mine. I think I need an objective eye to help me see what I may realistically use. You've made great progress on the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks are so cheery, I love the bright colour. Well done on the decluttering, I must get back to some decluttering! I also must do some weaving to justify how much space the loom and yarns take up. It’s always the toughest room to declutter, so I’m impressed you managed to get some things out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. blockbuster was the best! So glad you had a good week and may next week be just as good if not better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The socks are fabulous and I miss Blockbuster - spending more time choosing the film then actually watching it was such an event!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.