YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, October 21, 2018

UPDATE WEEK 17


Hola, Hallo, Bonjour, Hujambo, Hej, Hello!  Now that you have had your foreign language lesson for today, let's talk about some crafting, reading and life.

I am excited to present to you my finished but unblocked shawl.


The way the colors graduated has made me very happy.  This yarn was wonderful to work with too.  There is enough left over for a pair of short socks too.  So, for under $30 I get a shawl and socks.  Not too bad a deal.


Here is a closer look at the bead integrated into the 'lace' sections.  I plan on soaking and blocking it today while hubby is engrossed in football.  There will be photos next week of that process.

Since this is completed, I will be turning my attention to my Rising Tide scarf and my Snoqualmie Socks.  Hopefully both will be completed before the end of November.  There needs to be some Christmas ornaments made for the Grands yet.  I am leaning towards the Santa Hat ornaments.  They should take no time at all to make and I already have the materials needed to make them.  Those also need to be completed by the end of November so I can get them mailed.

I am also thinking about crocheting a special blanket for my Texas DIL.  She has had a pretty rough few months health wise, and I feel she deserves something very special.  

 

I love this blanket for her but don't know if I could get it completed in time even if I started now.  She is a BIG Wonder Woman fan.  Then there is this:



A Wonder Woman Shawl.  If done in crochet, I know I would have this completed in record time but....................I doubt she would ever wear it.  At least with the blanket she could throw it over a chair or bed and look at it.  HELP!!!!!   Opinions needed here.  Tell me what you would do.  PLEASE!

OK, Now onto my reading the past couple of weeks.  I finished a book and I loved it.


There has been one of the other YOPers that keeps talking about this author.  So, I decided to go ahead and try her out.  Loved it.  Thank you Sam for the recommendation.  I will be reading more of her writings.

Since the last few books I got from the library were returned after reading the first 100 pages, I decided to pick up a tried and true author when I grabbed the above book.


Debbie Macomber is one of my favorite writers.  I have been reading her books for years and have never been disappointed in any of them.  Her Blossom Street series is my favorite and I have all of them!  This book is cute and an easy read.  It is about a young lady who is a blogger (gotta love those bloggers) and her neighbor who is a Scrooge.  Easy reading and lets me have a good chuckle now and then.

Busy week coming up.   Looking at my calendar, I have something happening each day and most days have more than one event.  WOW!  Things will slow down after the first of December.......I hope LOL.

The local Grand has another volleyball tournament game on Monday night.  They are playing on the west side of town and it is a royal pain to get there.  Watching the game is a lot of fun though.  The girls really play hard and have a great camaraderie among themselves.  

Time to get a shawl in for a soak.

Until next time.....................Happy Crafting!!!!!


7 comments:

  1. I'm no one to give advice because I begin projects for people then stop half way through and will change it something else. So take this with a grain of salt... While I think the shawl is cool, and I'm not a shawl wearer, if you truly don't think she'd wear it, I'd go with the blanket. It is amazing. Then again, if you fear you won't have time to complete the blanket, the Wonder Woman shawl is very cool...

    See, I'm no help.

    Now, what I can say with complete confidence is your completed shawl is just gorgeous. You did good, Marsha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think pick whichever comes from the heart and not about what she'll use the most. Your gradient shawl is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know your friend best. If a blanket is best, then do a blanket. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blanket Marsha and as nice as the shawl is, if your DIL won't wear it I wouldn't start it. So my choice would be the blanket. I love how your shawl turned out and once it's blocked it will look even better I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your shawl, and a bargain to boot! If your dil won't use a shawl, then I agree with everyone else - go for the blanket. Perhaps make a voucher to give at Christmas, so she can see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shawl. I think that is the prettiest one you've ever made in addition to the Rising Tide. It is gorgeous Marsha and you should be very proud of the result...I can't stop 'oohing and ahhing' over it.
    So glad you enjoyed the book! I have read 3 or 4 and love each one and they are all unique.
    As for the shawl/blanket....I was looking for Wonder Woman things for my daughter and there are all sorts of things out there to buy in Wonder Woman too if you don't want to make something. I bought a Wonder Woman Christmas ornament and a mug. The mug I got at TJMaxx. I was looking at the shawl too and if she wore it around her neck as everyone does it wouldn't be so obvious. The blanket is cool also but a big project. I hope that helps. I thought I saw another WW shawl on Ravelry besides that but I'm probably wrong. I'll look and let you know because I 'faved' WW stuff. Have fun at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shawl, it's beautiful. As for the shawl vs blanket - go for the blanket if you're sure she won't wear the shawl. Personally, I'd prefer an unfinished gift I absolutely love, and would be willing to wait a little longer for it to be completed. Or you might just make her a pillow for now, and start the blanket later as next year's gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.