YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 1, 2018

New Beginnings



Hello everyone.  It feels so good to be starting a new year of YOP.  This is my 8th year to take part.  It has been hard for me to try and make a 'list' this year.  I have made specific lists, generic lists, hopeful lists and idea lists in the last 7 years.  There have been knitting magazines spread out all over my crafting desk.  I have been perusing patterns on Ravelry.  My stash needs to be whittled down.  

I have been looking at so many sweater, my eyes are getting crossed.  I love all of the above sweaters.  These are out of some of my books.


These are a few I have added to my library on Ravelry.  So you can see, I have been giving some thought to this year and what I want to do for a 'list'.

So you want to see my list?  

YOP 8

Do not buy any more yarn.  ( there are 10 skeins of sock yarn on the way that was ordered a week ago)

Finish up what is on my needles/hooks.  (2 shawls, 1 scarf, and 1 pair of socks)

Make a sweater for our cooler weather here. (a sweater is all we need here for winter)

Continue making shawls/lapghans for the prayer shawl ministry

Make socks

Sew project bags

Work on other crafts (plastic canvas, egg carving, ornament kits, etc)

Make a Christmas ornament for each of the Grands

And other items as they strike my fancy.

I didn't want to really get too specific as far as how many of what I was going to do.  I want to be free to be me.

I hope all of you are having a marvelous day.  For those of you suffering the heat wave hitting the midwest and east......................sorry.  Hopefully it will break soon for you.

Until next time............................Happy Crafting.




11 comments:

  1. I was getting worried you weren't coming! LOL! I have missed you and need to catch up. The grands commandeered my pc to play games....even my daughter! LOL!
    I love your sweater picks....I have liked Drops Designs patterns too. I am trying to hold myself accountable this year and I actually got my supplies for some of it. You are so good about finishing things....I need to dig out old projects and do that. I've already started and I hope I can continue. I look forward to your projects that you chose and also your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are an original YOPper? So cool! I love your list. Especially the "other items as they strike my fancy". :) I'm excited to see if you pick a sweater to make and knit it. I'm in awe of socks and sweater knitting. Those things just look like mysteries to me.

    BTW, Marsha... check out this post by another blogger to see how to fix your blogger comments/e-mail issues: https://shez86.blogspot.com/2018/06/how-to-fix-comment-problem-another-bunny.html It fixed my problems. Now I need to go leave a kiss for this blogger. I said I would when I found out it worked and this week I see it has! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have a couple of sweaters on my list for the fall...and one I cast on today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about looking for patterns - I did that for a sweater pattern a couple of weeks ago and after two days settled on remaking one I have already knit in a a different yarn. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list lots on it but room for doing what you fancy, lol. I am in awe of sweater knitters I take years and I mean years to finish one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sweater picks, there are some that I would love to make, too. I love how you kept your list so basic. Wonder how many projects will strike your fancy? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like with each passing year we get to know ourselves a bit better! You’re recognizing that you need to be more unstructured and free.. whereas i’ve concluded that I work best with specificity and a fairly rigorous list.

    I’ve been mooning over sweater patterns too, but something’s holding me back. I don’t wear sweaters much... maybe that’s it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I spend too much time looking at patterns (and buying them). I like your choices a lot. I, too, want to put the breaks on buying yarn. And when I look for projects I try to find things that would fit my stash. It is a struggle sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of sweaters too. We generally don't have very bad winters but the last couple of have been brutal, so it might be one more reason to start knitting. I look forward to seeing your free from list and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I love your list and those sweaters are,all gorgeous. Love a nice general list you can just add to as you go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.