YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

MIDWEEK UPDATE

Image result for midweek muse

It's another wonderful Wednesday and time for me too do a bit of an update.  Today, I am going to actually do a crafting update.  I have been very busy since Sunday.  Wanna see?


I finished the Boxy Dishcloths.   They were done two at a time.  I was not a fan of that method.  I now realize why I no longer do my socks TAAT on magic loop.........the tangled yarn.  After about 5 rows, I needed to untangle the yarn.  It really slowed down progress.  So the next cloths I did were done one at a time.


This is one of my favorite patterns.  DW dishcloth.  It is my go to pattern.  It works so nicely with variegated yarn.................of course, this is not variegated yarn but it still shows the pattern nicely.



I know it is hard to tell but this is Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth pattern.  I took a page from Sam's book and increased this until there were 54 stitches and then started the decreases.  This is the craziest yarn too.  It is thick and thin with no real rhythm to the changes.  It will be a good scrubbing cloth.  It was gifted to me and I had no clue what to make with it other than a cloth.

The green and brown cloths will be gifted to the AirBnB owners.  I will be making the packages with one green and one brown and also one of each pattern.  I found some lovely wrap to 'tie' them up with.


These were a free printable I found on.....................where else.................pinterest LOL.  Between Ravelry and Pinterest I can spend hours on the computer.  I do limit my computer time.  Otherwise, there were never be any FO's to show.

I have been working on my Tadpoles socks.



The little circulars took me a couple of days to get used to.  I do like them.  One of the things a person needs to remember......do not hold them with a death grip.  In fact, I can hold these much looser than any other needles.  There is no fear of dropping a needle or even of stitches falling off.  I like them so well, I ordered another one so I can start my second sock.  This is a pretty easy pattern to follow.  Now, the trick with these needles will be when I get to the heel.  I see most folds transfer the heel stitches to DPN's..........Since I do the Fish Lips Kiss heel, I am hoping I can do it on the circs.  If not......I have DPN's in my project bag.

Hubby is on his way home.  It has been very quiet here with him gone.  I am not a huge TV viewer so mostly I have music going in the background just for some white noise.  I ave watched a few movies in the evenings.  Ones hubby would not care to see.  My favorite was "Victoria and Abdul".  A true story.  If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it.

I did get some deep cleaning done this week.  Our linen closet got decluttered and a 33 gallon bag of rugs and towels are ready for donation.  Hubby's area where he sits, got a going thru and there were many things that miraculously 'disappeared'.  It looks so much better.  All nicely organized!  Went through some cabinets in the kitchen and got them straightened up and got rid of items we do not use or need.  Also, went through the guest room and got a bunch of my mom's things out of there and thrown away.  I need to go back to working on one room at a time and do not leave it until it is completed.  

Time to go and fold my laundry.

Until next time.........................happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. I like the looks of your new pair of socks! Will your husband notice if anything is gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great socks and congrats on mastering the 9" circs. I have yet to do the FLKH but after that if you are still liking your 9" needles I may try them too. Deep cleaning with 2 sick animals is necessary but not easy to get to...woe is me! LOL! But I keep trying! Good for you and it helps me to know I am not alone in house cleaning. I think I am going to try and blog Sunday's and Wednesdays as I just don't have that much time or that much going on that is interesting to blog about daily. Thanks for the movie recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try 9 inch needles. I own a set but have not used them yet. My fear is that it may be tricky to use with my man-hands... I'll try them soon! I suspect with the next vanilla socks I cast on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marsha :)

    Your dishcloths are really pretty. And I'm with you about Pinterest, I could spend way too many hours there lol! I'm glad you enjoy those teeny needles! I couldn't get used to them and returned them. I'm more comfy with size 15's lol! :)

    Thank you for your comment about Jack. It's terribly worrisome and he's not reacting well to the meds currently, sigh...within 5 minutes of taking them, he pants and shakes for hours...it's not dangerous, but my gosh, poor him, he can't relax...we just have to wait it out and hope he heals quickly. Btw, it's buttercrunch lettuce that I plant, we love that stuff! Happy Easter to you and your hubby! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.