YOP LIST 2024-2025

Sunday, August 25, 2024

WEEK 8 UPDATES

 


There are reasons to celebrate this past week.  I will share that information at the end of this post.

In the world of crafting, I have kind of been slacking.  I have been waiting on floss for my favorite Madonna and Child XS.  It was mailed from Ohio on the 8th of this month.  Normally, I receive floss from them in about 3 days.  It was scheduled to be delivered on the 12th.  Got a note from USPS it was going to be delayed.  Well, by the 20th I was a bit peeved and contacted USPS and was informed only the sender could do anything!  Contacted the vender to inform them about it.  That night I got informed my package was in Kent Washington!!!!  What???  So it took 12 days to go from Ohio to Washington.  It showed up in my mailbox on the 22nd.  So, only 2 days from Washington to Arizona.  And USPS keeps raising their rates?  Now I know why.  Takes so much more gas to go from Ohio to Arizona these days. LOL

So, while waiting for the floss to arrive, I started another To The Point shawl.



This will be #42.  I have 2 more colors to use before I am out of this type of yarn.  I am very limited on Worsted Weight yarn now. Once I no longer have enough worsted weight skeins to make these shawls, I will start making scrap-ghans with what I have left until I am completely out.  How exciting is it to think I might actually deplete one of my yarn weights by the end of this YOP year!

That is all I did for crafting.  I did play with my sourdough again this week.



I made a boule of pumpernickel fennel  sourdough bread.  It is so yummy.  I also had one of my cookie tubs returned to me last night with wishes for more SD cookies.  Makes me happy to know they were loved that much.

Hubby and I decided to become a one car family.  It has been a thought of ours for the past several years and we finally decided to do it.  We traded both of our cars in and decided to go with a 3 year lease.  Since we are both well into our 70's we truthfully do not know how much longer we will be driving safely.  Here is what we now have in our driveway.


Yup, we decided to go with an all electric vehicle.  It is a 2025 BMW SUV and we are thrilled with it.  I am sure we will even be more thrilled when we figure out all the bells and whistles that are on it.  We picked it out on Tuesday evening and picked it up on Wednesday afternoon.  Our charging box should be installed sometime this coming week too.  

So, that is one reason to celebrate this past week.  Here is the other reason....................

Jaxon!!!!!!!! 


Top left photo is from August 16th, bottom left from August 19th and the big right photo is from August 24th!  What a difference a week has made.  She is now at a rehab facility and getting 150 hours of physical, occupational and speech therapy per week.  She still has a way to go.  Her concussion/brain injury is probably the hardest thing for most of us to handle.  Her time lines are way off and she thinks things have happened that have not happened.  She has pulled herself off her pain meds as she knew they were messing with her thinking abilities too.  We figure she has at least another week if not 2 weeks before she will be able to go home.  Each day we see more and more improvement.  We have been blessed!

Today is the day I really do not do much.  I will go and visit Jaxon for a little bit.  There is a jigsaw puzzle that is screaming to be started.  Actually, I have 15 puzzles that are wanting to be worked.  There is a loaf of 'regular' bread that is going to be made.  We have plenty of leftovers in the fridge for our dinner tonight.  So, a nice and relaxing day for me.

Here is your chuckle for the week.......................


Until Next Time....................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about Jaxon!! Wishing for a full recovery. Arizona sounds liked the right place to own an electric car. Hubby as I have been one car for several years now. Rarely has it been an inconvenience but that's because he has no hobbies that take him out of the house.😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a week does make. Glad to hear she is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see Jaxon sitting up, and giving a thumbs up. So relieved for you all that she is healing up and progressing. I imagine the time spent in a rehab facility feels like forever to her, but on my end it seems she is healing quickly. Praying all cognitive and physical abilities are completely restored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a difference in a week, I hope the recovery continues to go really well. Your floss seemed to have taken a bit of a summer roadtrip on its way to you! We keep talking about being a one car family one day but he drives a BMW and I find they aren’t really built for my short legs and prefer my Honda. We keep looking for a compromise but can’t find one so keep having two cars although it’s extremely rare we are both using them at the same time. I hope you enjoy your BMW, I’m only 5’2” with short legs and a longer torso/neck so find the steering wheel very close if I’m to reach the peddles. Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been praying daily for her and glad she is improving!! Congrats on the one car family decision!! That is exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.