YOP LIST 2024-2025

Sunday, August 18, 2024

WEEK 7 Can We Get A Break!

 


Oh My Goodness.  This week was not a week I care to ever repeat.  I will explain at the end of this post.  But, first, I will regale you with my crafting adventures.

I finished the To The Point Shawl #40.


I still need to add the medal and tag before turning it into the prayer shawl group.  I played around with my photo gallery to see if I could do a little something different .  Well, it's different LOL.

Believe it or not, I picked up the RCR sock and actually put some rows on it.


This is my take a-long project.  It got taken a-long quite a bit this week.

Now to explain the title of this post......................

Thursday night I got a call from our son, Jay.  He was on his way to a hospital 40 miles away from our homes.  His daughter, Jaxon, had been in an accident.  Well, of course, my heart dropped to my ankles.  This is what we know so far.................

Jaxon was at a sanctioned motorcycle meeting/rally.  When it was over, her boyfriend decided he wanted to do a wheely and got permission from one of the shop owners to do so.  He did the wheely and at the end of it, went airborne, hit a curb, hit Jason, hit a pole and flew off his bike.  Jaxon has a compound fracture of her femur, two huge gashes (the Dr said they look like shark bites) in her broken leg, two small fractures of her pelvis, gash on the top of her head and many many abrasions on her body.  As for her boyfriend.  He suffered multiple fractures of both legs and multiple fractures of his pelvic bones.  He was wearing a helmet thankfully.

They both will heal...........eventually.  Jaxon has had surgery on her fracture and now has a titanium rod in her leg and the gashes have all been sutured.  We pray the ones on her leg will heal properly or there may be skin grafts in her future.  

The family was in the hospital all day Friday waiting for her to come out of surgery and get updates to her condition.  She finally opened her eyes late Friday evening and they were able to pull her breathing tube that evening too.  She was moved from ICU to a regular room yesterday afternoon.  She is extreme pain and does not remember anything that happened.  

This family is ready to catch a break here.  

The other good news, I was not the only one knitting in the waiting room.  A lady across from me was making a baby blanket and had just taught herself how to knit via youTube!  She was at least my age.  I was very impressed!

And now for your chuckle for the week...............


Until Next Time......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness. At least a relief that all should recover but it will be a painful healing process. Hope their motorcycle days are now behind them. I wouldn't allow my kids to ride motorcycles as they all extolled how much cheaper they were than cars. I have several family members that died due to motorcycle accidents as well as injuries from motorcycle accidents. Not on my watch!! My kids outgrew the desire to have a motorcycle by the time they were 18. But everyone has to do what's right for them and their family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will continue to pray for healing - what a scary event for the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am adding Jaxon to the prayer list!! Goodness that is just awful that that happened. May they both heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I’m relieved they are recovering okay but seriously this last couple of years your family have had more challenges than most to cope with. At least you have each other and your faith to keep you going, but seriously I’d be wrapping them all up in bubble wrap and not letting them out of my sight. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been on my computer in well over a week, and after seeing next week's post (today) I came back here to do some catching up. What a freakish accident. I'm so glad your granddaughter and her boyfriend are going to be okay. Hoping both youngsters are soon healed up completely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.