YOP LIST 2024-2025

Sunday, August 11, 2024

WEEK 6


Another week has passed.  It was full of activity, family and crafting.

CRAFTING
I spent a fair amount of time on XS.  At this point I am still only working on the full coverage one.

It may not look like much but, trust me, this took several hours of time.  The spotted area took me 3 hours!  I must be the slowest cross stitcher ever.  It is still enjoyable for me and that is the most important part.

I am bored with the RCR socks so decided to make an old faithful pattern:


To The Point shawl is being worked on.  The color of this is much brighter than shown.  This will make #41.  An easy project to take along when transporting people to appointments.

KITCHEN STUFF
My sourdough starter is going crazy!  It doubles in size within just a couple of hours of feeding it.  That means I was obtaining a plethora of discard.  What to do?


Belgium waffles seemed like a grand idea.  They were delicious too.  

There was also a loaf of sourdough bread made with the active starter.


This was a success.  I have had a horrible time getting a good loaf of sourdough made.  This one used beer in it but you can not taste it.  I will be making this type again in the next day or two.

I made two other items with discard. One was Chocolate chip cookies.  No photo of them but I do have a photo of my new cookie jar they are stored in.


Isn't it cute?  My friend in Vegas had this jar but in white.  It seals tightly and keeps the cookies fresh for quite a while.  I think the cookies will be gone before we see how long the freshness will last.

The other discard item was crackers.  Hubby loves them and they are super easy to make and use a lot of discard.  I use different spices in them to make them super yummy.

HEALTH
I had quite an unusual experience this week.  I needed to go to urgent care for a suspected infection.  (Waiting on the results)  The Dr was busy doing a procedure so they asked if I would be ok with a telehealth Dr.  I was ok with that.  So, this is what I saw when taken into the room.



I chuckled about this.  If you have seen NCIS LA, you know, Heddy had one of these that followed her 'team' around the office.  She would keep tabs on their activities and talk to them.  Well, I am happy to report, Heddy was not the Dr on this one.  It was interesting to say the least though.  I was still laughing when I left and the staff started laughing with me when I explained why.  They all agreed.

LIFE
I spent some time going about town with Tiff (TX DIL).  We had errands to run and decided to do them together.  It was 6 hours of pure joy.  Then, yesterday, we went to her house to celebrate the 25th birthday of their bonus daughter.  This girl had NEVER had a birthday party, EVER!  Well, we took care of that.  Josh is holding his own.  He has a few new noticeable things happening.  Nothing anyone would know unless you knew him well.  But, the family notices.  We take each day with him as a gift.

Here is this weeks chuckle for you.................


Until Next Time............................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got to spend the day running errands with your DIL. Love your new cookie jar and Belgian waffles are a favorite. Especially now with blueberries and strawberries so available. I wish your whole family well in treasuring each day with Josh. Telehealth is definitely the future of doctor visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another busy week for you. Please keep us posted on your health - hopefully it is something easily resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sourdough goodies have my tummy rumbling, Marsha. I appreciate you sharing about Josh. And I'm so glad your family is there and close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve never tried making sourdough but have started to buy some recently to see if I can start to like the taste. Suspect sourdough waffles with fruit and agave syrup I’d love 😂 Cookies, or biscuits as we call them here, don’t need an air tight container in our house. If any make it the 1.5 mile journey from the supermarket it’s a miracle. Cute tin though, love the cheery colour. Liz (Highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.