YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 29, 2023

WEEK 31 & BUMMER

 


Hey there.  This week's craftiness is as follows:


I cast on another pair of Rose City Rollers last Sunday afternoon.  I keep offering to make hubby long socks but he keeps requesting short ones.  This fiber is one I bought during Covid from a vendor who, like all of us, did not get to go to the Dallas Fiber Fest.  I had originally made it into a small shawl but hated it.  So now, it will warm the feet of my husband.  It is a DK weight yarn yet it is thinner than most of my other DK.  I am knitting on size 2.25mm (US 1) needles and it is coming out to the same gauge as my fingering on 2.5mm (US 1.5) needles.  Fingers crossed they fit ok.


Next up is my To The Point shawl for the prayer shawl ministry at church.  I started this on Wednesday.  I am past the halfway point on it so it will go fairly quickly now.

Then there was some baking done.


Sourdough Snickerdoodle cookies.  This is the second time I have made them.  We love them!  There was also a loaf of sourdough bread machine bread made.

Got my new glasses this week too.


Why, yes, they are purple.  Did you expect anything less from me?  I also like the abstract arm of them.  Hubby looked at them and said "those are so you".  I think that's a good thing but am not totally certain yet.

I decided to bring something back from Texas other than my DIL's mom.  A VIRUS!  Are you jealous?  No, it was not the Covid virus.  It was just a plain old COLD!  Who knew those were even a thing anymore.  It started on Monday with a stuffy head and by Wednesday it had moved to my chest and I was coughing so hard I bruised a rib or two.  That makes it really hard to cough.  By Saturday my right ear was hurting and I could hardly hear out of it.  I woke up this morning around 1 with blood coming out of my ear.  UH OH!  I quietly got dressed and drove myself to our local stand alone emergency room.  Oh Boy!  I popped my ear drum.  So, now I have antibiotics to take and need to make an appointment to see an ENT in a week.  Hopefully it will heal on it's own and will not need a surgical patch done to it.  The excitement never ends over here LOL!

That is all for this week.  I am going to relax today and work on my new projects from last week.

Until Next Time.....................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. Liz here...I hope you feel better soon. I've seen people have snickerdoodles on Hallmark Christmas movies, I really must google the recipe one day...mind you with my ever expanding waistline maybe I shouldn't. lol. Your glasses look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I would never of guessed a cold could result in a broken eardrum!! I sure hope it can heal. Your glasses are great! I love fun, colorful glasses. You had lots of fun crafting/baking this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! feel better soon!! The grandson birthday party we missed happened to be a contagious stomach flu episode! I am so so so glad we didn't go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to join the "Oh my goodness" chorus. I had no idea one could rupture their eardrum from having a cold. Or is it the coughing? I'm sorry. I do hope you heal up quickly. And feel better soon. I love your new glasses. I had purply glasses before my present ones and they were my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm so late...ice and no power! Then my keyboard wouldn't work....So sorry you got so sick. That could not have been fun and coughing so hard you broke and ear drum? You poor thing! I'm so glad you are healing up. I love the socks and the shawl is lovely in that color! Snickerdoodles sound good....I need to make some cookies. Have a good week and stay well! Oh, BTW my Sabbath Stitch is fairly large probably about 2 feet wide by 1 foot high although I didn't measure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have so many colds going round here, but to pop an eardrum! I hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.