YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 8, 2023

WEEK 28 OF YOP 12

 


Hey there.  Happy Feast of the Epiphany!  Today is our last day of Christmas.  Tomorrow we will take all the decorations down and put them away until next year.  *sigh*  This year's Christmas is one of the best I can remember.  With having 3 of our 4 'children' living here in the valley..... The joy in my heart is overflowing.

This week saw me working with yarn everyday.  YIPEE!  Here is what I worked on.


I finished my DIL's Azel.  I was very happy to have this completed and so was she.  It is still cool enough in our early mornings for her to get some wear out of it.



I thought I had buttons for it but found out I was 2 buttons short.  So, a trip to JoAnn's to get 2 more buttons.  Guess what.  If you wait several years between button buying trips, they change stock!  This meant I needed to buy 12 new buttons for the Azel.  DIL is very happy with these buttons.  She wears quite bit of silver jewelry.  Win Win situation.  

Once it was completed I still had a full skein of the super bulky yarn.  What am I going to do with it?  What any good knitter would...............



Make a matching hat to go with the Azel.  This is the Allagash Beanie pattern.  It worked up super quick and DIL loves it.  Especially the furry pom pom on top.  She and her hubby keep talking about heading up into the mountains to play in the snow.  She will need a hat for that trip.

Once those were done and delivered I pulled out some WIP's to work on.

Remember this?


The Giant Granny Square Afghan.  I only put 2 rows on it this week.  One color has already been depleted.  Not that anyone other than myself will notice.  This was supposed to be big enough to go on my king sized bed.  I am starting to rethink that idea.  This thing is already quite large and hard to work with on my lap.  I am thinking of finishing this round of color combos and then putting a lovely border on it.  As for the rest of  the DK yarn I will still have....not a clue.  I could do small squares and make lapghans for the prayer shawl ministry at church.  There are so many ideas going through my brain.  But first, finish what I have started.  Let me just say, it felt good to crochet again.  Other than prayer shawls, this is the only crochet project I have worked on in a long time.

Another WIP was also worked on.


Hubby's RCR socks!  The progress keepers is where I was the last time I picked them up.  They might be done by the time summer rolls around LOL.  It felt strange going from a size US 13 needle to a US 1.5 needle.  

In other news...............................................

We had our annual family/friend gathering last Sunday.  It was so much fun.  People started showing up around noon and the last ones left around 8pm.  Hubby and I had all the food cleaned up and most of the dishes done by around 9.  There ended up being 13 people attending.  We had so much food left over.  I didn't cook for 3 days afterwards.  Which worked out well since I had cooked for 3 days for the get together.  

The last month has been kind of willy nilly when it comes to making meals for hubby and myself.  This past week I finally sat down, made out menus and a grocery list.  My goal is to use the foods I have in our freezer and pantry for meals.  It was fun making menus with that in mind.  Sure made for a low grocery bill too.

How was your week?

Until Next Time.......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!




8 comments:

  1. If only I could get my husband to work from his freezer "stash" instead of buying more food to put in the freezer!!! It's a constant fight. I'm going to have to point out that my yarn stash is like his "bargains". Sadly his end up freezer burned while so far I seem to be able to avoid moths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz here…that jumper is so cool with all the cute buttons. Perfect set with the matching hat. Lucky DIL. That blanket already looks so big, does it get cold enough where you are to need it full width on the bed or will it be more for decoration to brighten the room? I think if the latter then if there’s still bedspread showing around the edge that’s fine. I’m glad you had such a lovely Christmas, I can ‘hear’ the joy in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound happy and busy with your crafting. Lovely to read this uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Azel and the buttons really make it stunning. A matching hat is perfect! Your family and friends gathering sounded great. Heads up on the blanket border. I did too many rounds for some reason and I must have inserted too many SC on the border as it ended up curling. I didn't do the last borders either. Just keep an eye on it. My first 2 turned out fine. I have no idea what happened other than too many SC's.
    Love the socks too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow as always you have been really busy and yet still manage to get lots accomplished! I love Azel and the new buttons are perfect! I also love the rcr socks - such brilliant colours @

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Azel is a HIT!! and the buttons and hat are awesome too!!
    Sometimes I wish we had a bigger freezer to store things, but I'm afraid it would all get freezer burnt because we would never use it! Have fun cooking up all your available foods! Its a fun exercise to use what you have when cooking. Things can get INTERESTING!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh all of your finished projects are fantastic, you've been very very busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that Azel is lovely. Seeing it on Ravelry, I can imagine your daughter-in-law loving wearing it. Your granny blanket looks great. Whenever I've made a round blanket (which is kind of like making a square blanket) I've always reached a point where it seemed if I complete the pattern, I'm going to have something ridiculously large.
    I love them, but I think this problem is inherent in blankets that are made "in the round". I still want to make one of these granny square blankets. I do think they're fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.