YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, January 12, 2023

JUST BECAUSE

 

It has been a hot minute since I have done a blog entry that is not for my Sunday Year of Projects post.  Well, today I am going to break that little cycle.  Since the last time I posted nothing major has happened.  Just normal everyday stuff which gives me so much joy.  

Case in point:

Monday I decided to try another sourdough bread machine recipe.  This would be the third or fourth time I have tried to make sourdough in my bread machine.  All of them have been a failure.


It worked this time!  Yes, you need to use yeast to make this bread, but it still has such a lovely sourdough taste to it.  Now, before you think this tastes like the SD you would get in San Francisco, it does not have that taste at all.  You see there is wild yeast, in the air,  everywhere you live.  But, the wild yeast in my hometown is totally different than say that in Kansas City or San Francisco.  Therefore, the sourdough made in different places will have a different tastes.  Yet no matter where you live, sourdough is so much better for you than the store bought breads that can sit on your counter for weeks without going bad.  My SD gives me about 3-4 days to use it before fuzzy stuff starts to grow on it. 

My sourdough starter is very active and therefore I seem to have quite a bit of discard.  Instead of throwing it away I decided to try my hand at more recipes using said discard.  (The above bread was made using discard)  Tuesday morning I got up early to make us some sourdough cinnamon muffins for breakfast.


Oh my, they were very yummy.  Next time I will add some raisins or dried cranberries to the dough for a bit more flavor oomph.

I have snickerdoodle and gingerbread cookies to try using discard too.  Who knew you could make so many items with sourdough starter.  Now that Christmas and New Years are past and the decorations are put away.  I find myself gravitating towards the kitchen and making healthy meals and snacks for the two of us.  Working in the kitchen also brings back so many joyful memories of my mom and grandmothers who were all superstars in the kitchen.

This morning I woke up early again.  (This has been happening since I started my new RA meds)  I fed the boy dog (the girl dog is a late in the morning riser and eater) and then went to sit and plan my day out.  



This is what sits right next to me every morning waiting for me to get my day started.  It is also where I sit to work on my knitting and crocheting projects.  I consider it my 'safe' place.

Then I look to my left and see this sweet powder sugar face;



My sweet sweet Luna curled up and snuggled up to my hip.  She is not ready for breakfast.  Just wants some love and cuddles for a little while until she wakes up 100%.

Then I look down and see this:


My project basket holding my Giant Granny Square Blanket.  The time has come for me to weave in ALL the ends and start on the border.  Weaving in ends is not something I hate to do.  Not at all.  I just don't feel I am very good at weaving them in.  While hubby is busy today mopping floors, I am going to work on weaving in ends.  I would like to be able to start the boarder yet today.  It will be so nice to get this item completed and off my WIP (work in progress) list.  Afterall, there are other projects on that list that need my attention too.

Let me leave you with this funny I found on Facebook yesterday.


Until next time...............................happy crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the post Christmas peace and relaxation. It;s n ice to get back to a regular schedule. Your bread and muffin look delicious.
    Good luck on the weaving and working on your border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these days after the holidays are precious! I don't make bread but I buy sourdough bread all the time, delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I had to read that last thing two times before I got it. Hilarious.

    Thanks for writing so much about sourdough, Marsha. It was interesting and informative. I know you've mentioned it before and whenever you do, it gets me to thinking. You may eventually move me to actually do this SD thing someday. :) I should take the opportunity to tell you... I have it in mind to make some tortillas soon - they've become so expensive to buy anymore. And you are the person I thought of when it actually hit me to learn how to do it. Your influence reaches out from your blog posts, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.