YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Week 27 of YOP 12


 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  No, Christmas is not over for me.  In our church we celebrate 12 days of Christmas beginning on December 25th.  So I have another 6 days of celebrations happening in our home!

I am all ready for 2023.


My new daily planner and new journal are out and sitting by my favorite spot. Even though each day is a new start, the beginning of a new year has such a special feel to it.  Do you agree?

I missed posting last week.  We were enjoying the beginning of our 12 days of Christmas.  We started out on the 24th, by going to Mass.  On the 25th we all gathered at Josie's home for a lovely family dinner and white elephant gift exchange.  Our white elephant gifts are nice gifts that anyone in any age group would enjoy.  This year I got a game and hubby got several bags of Ghirardelli chocolates. We gifted games and my home made candies put into Lock n Lock containers.  There was a total of 14 people at dinner.  Everyone brought some type of food to add to the dinner too.  It was sooooo yummy.


This was after dinner.  Thor was getting some much needed loving from our son (from TX) with his wife looking on as well as Josie and her boyfriend.  Yes, Thor got gifts too.

As for crafting....................................


I am still working on my DIL's Azel.  The purple marker is where I was 2 weeks ago.  I still have about another 5 inches to add to this and then do the neck.  It is the only thing I am working on because I want it off my needles so I can get other WIP's finished.  It is amazing to me how this looks charcoal grey in photos when it is a very deep rich black.

Also, I started my new medication on the 26th.  (the 2nd day of Christmas)  My Dr told me it could take up to 3 months for me to see any results.  That was a little depressing to hear.  When I woke up on the 27th (the 3rd day of Christmas) I was completely pain free!  Seriously!  I had tons of energy and a 100% improvement in my mood.  I didn't even know how much pain I was in or how fatigued I was all the time until that day.  The Azel I am working on is done with super bulky weight yarn.  Normally I could only do about 4 rows before I had to put it away.  I am now knitting without any pain and the only reason I put it down is because I am weary of looking at black yarn.  My husband is amazed at the energy I have and how much work I am now doing around the house everyday.

Case in point:  We are having our yearly gathering of friends and family today.  There will be around 15 people here.  This past week I have planned today's menu, made 3 different dips/spreads, organized games to be played, set up the kitchen, dining room and both living rooms for food and fun.  And still, I have done the normal daily routines of laundry and making dinners for hubby and myself.  It feels wonderful to be able to do things again that bring me joy.

Which brings me to my word for the year. This year my word is Joy.  I want to be able to find joy in everything.  Even in times of sorrow and pain.  I wish Joy for all of you readers too.

Now, I will leave you something I found online not too long ago.  For those of us who bake, this could be quite helpful.

Until Next Time...............................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





10 comments:

  1. That is so fantastic that the medication worked so fast and you are pain free. How wonderful!!! I'm so very glad for you. What a wonderful year this is going to be for you. Enjoy your celebrations. I love the idea of carrying on for 12 extra days. I'm always depressed when I take down the Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased your new medication seems to be doing the trick. Long may it continue. I hope the rest of your Christmas is as good as the start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baking pan chart is VERY helpful!! I usually guess, with varying results.
    Happy you're feeling full of vitality! I hope it continues through the year(s) and contributes to your JOY!!
    great progress on your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for pain free!!!! best news ever! Yes I like the start of a new year and a new journal. I have a 5 year diary, and I like that first entry on Jan 1st every year. I love your word for the year. I now will have to think of a word for me, although Joy sounds pretty perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear your new meds are helping with the pain. I love the baking chart. Very helpful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that a new RA medicine? I'm so happy for you! Thor is so cute and what a lovely gathering you had. I can't remember what the Azel is? But it looks big and you are really moving along with it. Good for you! I too celebrate Christmas for the season which is more than one day and of course, I try to keep it in my heart all year long. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. thank you for the pan chart.....it is awesome. I saved it to my Pinterest food board....so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz here.. those new meds sound like a miracle, very apt at Christmas. Entertaining so many people sounds like you’d need all that energy, I find just being with my MIL exhausting. I hope this year is joyous and joyful for you and yours. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marsha, I'm so glad to read that you're experiencing pain relief already. I was reading last week's post yesterday and I failed to leave a comment, but I was going to say, even with RA you're one of the most productive people I know (online or in person). To think that you're able to do so much more is amazing to me. I'm glad you have renewed hope beginning 2023 feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. may your year with the word joy be joyful! happy new year and a very merry Christmas to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.