YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, May 29, 2022

WEEK 48 OF YOP 11

 



It seems this weeks update is almost an exact replica of last weeks.  All I worked on was Vixynn.  Another 10 rows were added.


The cake of yarn is a bit smaller than last weeks.  (sigh)  I do not understand why this is not completed yet!  

Maybe it is because hubby and I have been trying to get the final touches of our remodel done.  We are doing them ourselves.  Hubby is doing the baseboards this week as well as touch up painting.  Then he will finish putting the backroom together  I am working on setting up our two guest rooms and getting the backyard set up for the summer as well as doing our normal household routine.  All of this needs to be completed by Friday of this week.  Our son in Texas and his wife are coming for a short visit on their vacation to Las Vegas.  While they are here, we are hosting a family & friends get together.  Hence the reason we are hustling to get everything ship shape.

If you remember, I told you about getting a new bread machine a few weeks ago.  I have been playing around with it trying out different recipes and getting a feel for it.  Well......yesterday, I tried something totally different for me.  This machine has a 'homemade' course on it.  This means I can set how long I want different cycles to run.  (ie: kneading, rising #1, rising #2, baking etc)  I finally found a recipe for bread machine sourdough bread that does not use any yeast!  It does take 11 hours to make in the machine but then, it takes about that much time if I were to do it all by hand.  So, I programmed my machine according to the directions and let it go.  OH MY!  The flavor of the bread is fabulous.  A true sourdough flavor.  Lots of tang! I do not have a photo of it though.  I was a bit lax and did not watch it during it's kneading cycle and therefore did not notice it was a bit too wet and needed more flour added to it.  So, the loaf is not very pretty and the rise is not as good as it should have been.  Live and learn, right?  

Tomorrow is Memorial Day where we remember those who gave all for our country.  Hoist a flag in remembrance of them.  Go to a Veteran's Cemetery and pay honor to those who paid the highest price for our freedom.

Until Next Time...........................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is the Veteran's cemetery where my Father in Law is buried.  He was a WWII veteran as was my father.

6 comments:

  1. Your bread machine sounds great. You are "killing me" with your homemade bread stories. I do love bread so much. Sweaters can be disheartening as they take longer than you think they should. Your remodeled home sounds wonderful. Have a terrific friends and family gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful bread machine! Your shawl will get done i due time. You and your husband get a lot more done that me! I can barely keep up with housework much less entertain. Mys parent both served in WWII. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memorial Day visit to the cementary sounds very lovely. I hope it is a nice day for you. Aw yes the endless knitting that seems to be going nowhere and yet soon I am sure you will suddenly be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to hearing more bread machine adventures. Wish I had one! Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. any progress is progress! I am reading more than knitting and that is where I want to be right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for successful breadmaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.