YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, January 6, 2022

NOT EXACTLY A YOP

 



How are things going for you so far this year?  I know it is only day 6 but still.....things do happen quickly these days.  Hubby and I are doing well.  We are trying to get everything done before we leave in a few days.

Christmas has been taken down and put away.  I already miss the comfort I get from all the glowing lights and candles.  I did leave the fairy lights up on our mantle and shelves.  I just love the ambience they give off in the evenings.

I also left one other item out from our Christmas décor


The Nordic Gnome my daughter made for me this year.  Isn't he just adorable?  He is made from socks!


He isn't very big either.  Just a little over 6 inches tall.  He makes me smile and therefore I left him out to keep me cheerful.

It has been quite chilly here the past couple of weeks.  That means I have been able to work on this:


The Giant Granny Square blanket.  It keeps me nice and warm in the evenings while watching TV with the Hubby.  My goal is to put 2 rows on it each day.  As it gets bigger I may need to adjust that thinking.  As I work on this I realize I am actually busting through my stash of DK yarn.  This may actually manage to use up all of my DK and that makes me so happy.  Then I will start making them with all my worsted weight leftovers that are not big enough to do much else with.  Those, I will make into lapghans for the prayer shawl ministry.  The stash needs to get down to a manageable size.  

It is lunch time here and I promised to make bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers for us today.  Tonight we are having leftover Barbacoa Pork made into burritos.  I love going through my freezer and finding already cooked items that I have vacuum sealed and saved for later.  Plus, it saves time for me while trying to get items together for this very important trip.

Hopefully, I will be able to do a real YOP on Sunday before we leave.  If not..................

Have a good week and keep the faith!


5 comments:

  1. Your gnome is adorable. :) And seeing your granny square blanket makes me wish I could hold a crochet hook comfortably and make one along with you. Ever since Sam made a granny square blanket (was it last year?) I've wanted to make one. Yours is beautiful. I imagine it to be a great stash buster.

    I hope you have a safe trip to Las Vegas, and all things come together for a beautiful funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gnome is so cute. And your afghan is really growing! I’m going to have to knit a stashghan one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip, wherever it may be. Lovely afghan. Good way to use up stash. I like how colorful it is. The gnome is adorable, so cute I can see why you want to leave him out. Made from socks...very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blanket!! that gnome is adorable and where ever you are going I hope you have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute sock gnome. I tidied up my mantle also and left out a few "wintery" decorations. You have high heat tolerance! When I leave the seeds in with the jalapenos we feel the heat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.