YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, October 24, 2021

WEEK 17

 





Sunday sure seemed to roll around faster this week.  I am happy to report, there is a finish this week too.


The Rose City Roller socks are done and as you can see, I have worn them too.  This is MY first pair of short socks.  They were a fun project and go so much faster than crew socks.

I am still working on my Roe cardigan.  Sleeve island seems to be taking longer than I imagined it would.


The green progress keeper is where I was last week.  Since there are 76 stitches on each sleeve and I am doing them TAAT...............................


That makes for a lot of stitches on each row.  Not to mention I need to remember to change skeins of yarn for each sleeve.  Completing the cardi by the end of this month is not going to happen.  But, that's ok.  It is still in the upper 80's and low 90's in the middle of the day here.  So no need for a sweater just yet.  My shawls are working just fine for early mornings and late evenings.

I did work on the Giant Granny Square blanket but only added one more row to it.  The cardi and the blanket are the only 2 projects I have going right now.  Can you believe it?  No socks on the needles at the moment.  I am too focused on the Cardi to cast anything new on.

Last Monday our Daughter and Son in Law came and picked up their sweet little dog.  She was so good for us.  That left us free for most of the day to celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary.  We went to our favorite mom and pop Italian restaurant.  Otherwise, we just hung around the house and enjoyed a quiet day.  Oh!  We went in the morning and got our flu shots so that is another thing out of the way for a year.  We also bought a Christmas tree to replace the one we threw away last year.  (Never buying a flocked tree again!)

Yesterday, I went to our Grand Daughters Swimming Invitational.  There were HUNDREDS of people there.  It was nice to be sitting outdoors (in the shade) and talking with others.  Her last invitational is next weekend.  It is in the morning and both of us plan on going to that one.  

Not much is on my plate this coming week.  The main thing we are planning is, painting our new doors and the wall in the back room.  

So, what are you working on this week?

Until Next Time.............................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!


10 comments:

  1. Excellent socks and good progress on your cardigan. It’s easy to let days slip by with no knitting, I do find it helps sometimes to add it to my to-do list and make time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those socks 😍 How lovely to go to the swimming invitational, it sounds like a lovely way to spend the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those socks Marsha! Great progress on your Roe cardigan, I can’t wait to see it finished. Sounds like you’ve had a lovely time with your family, which is so awesome. Have a great rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 46 years!!! Glad you were able to get out and celebrate. I'm looking forward to getting to go to a restaurant this year for our anniversary. Some how having to clean-up the kitchen after my hubby cooks takes some of the "specialness" away. Great progress on your sleeves. Yeah I stil have both my sleeves to do so I won't be finishing my sweater this week either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the socks (and now I want to hear about our tattoos and what their meanings are. I have one on my foot (Prince's sign), and one on my shoulder (hummingbird). Yay for flu shot - we got ours last week too. So funny to read about you sitting outside at the swim meet, while I sit inside on a very stormy/windy day!. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Rose City Roller socks are so fun! Love those bright colors. And you got a lot of knitting done on those sleeves if you ask me. Congrats on 46 years together. You're 5 years ahead of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely sock finish! You sound so happy and content, just the way it's supposed to be. I am much more settled and I think it's because it's cold outside and I'm back to knitting feverishly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks are even cuter once they're on your feet! The sleeves are coming along and it will be finished before you know it. Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 46 years Marsha...that is completely amazing and awesome, wonderful. Congratulations! LOVE the socks and the photo!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm so behind but I love your RCR socks in those colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.