YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, October 3, 2021

WEEK 14

 


Hello there.  Glad you could stop by today.  Want to see what I accomplished this week?

Roe Cardigan:

I completed the cable section of the right front and am now on the stockinette section.  There will be button holes made in this section and I need to be careful in measurements.  I made this cardi 2 inches shorter than the pattern so I need to remember to take that into account when doing measurements for the placement of the button holes.  The green progress keeper is where I was last Sunday.

Rose City Roller Socks:


Even though I took this with me all week when I dog sat, I still did not get this one sock completed.  The progress keeper is where I was last Sunday.  I am getting pretty close to where I will be doing the toe.  Hopefully by next week it will be done and sock #2 cast on.

Giant Granny Square Blanket:

No need for a photo since I only got 2 rows added to it this week.  I do enjoy working on it.  It is getting to the point where one row takes quite a bit of time to complete though.

There was a quick shopping trip made to Hobby Lobby this week.  I might or might not have picked up 5 skeins of their sock yarn.  Hey!  It was 30% off so why not?

That is all the fiber work I did this past week.  

This was made yesterday:


Some lovely rye bread for hubby and I to enjoy.  I have started to introduce different flours into my tried and true honey beer bread recipe.  It makes it a little more interesting than just plain white bread.  So far, I have added wheat and now rye flour to the mix.  Both of them are good.  Next I will be trying pumpernickel flour.  

Life:

Nothing much new going on at our Casa.  Hubby got home from his second trip on Friday.  It is nice to have him back.  Today, our goal is complete the metal pantry.  The replacement part came in just as hubby was leaving for his trip last week.  I knew I could not finish it by myself.  So excited to get it completed and filled.

Hubby and I go tomorrow for our second pneumonia injection.  That will finish us up on that series.  Then in 2 weeks we will get our flu shot and then 2 weeks after that our Covid booster.  Hopefully that will be all until next fall when we will get flu shots again.  We were told we could get all three injections at the same time but it was recommended to do them separately to give our bodies time to adjust to each one of them.  Plus, I had a reaction to both the flu (total body aches) and covid (rash a week later) injections so want to only deal with one issue at a time.  I still need to get my shingles injections too but will need to wait another 2 weeks after the booster before I go in for those.

I am so happy October has arrived.  That means our scorching summer heat is leaving and soon we will have our doors and windows opened to let in some lovely fresh air.  It is also time for me to sit on my porch in my rocking chair and work on my fiber arts while watching the happenings in my neighborhood.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Until Next Time................................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




13 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha ☺ Your cable stitch is PERFECT. I can't wait to see the finished cardigan, it's going to be lovely! Your bread looks really good. I need to get baking again. Just reading the number of shots you'll be getting makes my arm hurt. I'm loving the fall weather here too. I have some rocking chairs in the basement (previous owners left behind). I wanted to refinish them this fall, but I think that'll be a next year project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week! The colors on the Rose City Rollers are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. Fall is just such a great time of year. Even today's showers can't make me sad. Your cardigan looks so great. You got a lot done in a week. I'm so jealous. I also got the same advice about separating vaccines so that if you have a reaction you know which one caused it. It's no fun going in for all the shots though. Jealous of your breads. I'm severely limiting my bread intake in order to get my weight down. Bread is now an occasional treat versus part of my daily diet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up, I want you to know I visited your granny blanket (from an earlier post) and it is beautiful! I also love how your cabling is turning out on on your Roe Cardigan. We're enjoying fall, too! The colors here seem to be late getting started, but that's okay with me! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad for a couple extra weeks of warm weather this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cables on your Roe are so pretty! Your socks are too cute! The nice thing about the giant granny is that the bigger it gets the less ends there are to weave in! Is your Honey Beer Bread recipe from King Arthur? Are you doing sourdough? Wow! You have a lot of shots in your future. I've had the shingles and pneumonia before and my booster so I just need the flu shot now.
    I'm glad you're going to get your pantry put together. I'm still painting mine. Yes, Fall has arrived and I couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at you making progress! I am current on the all shots except shingles, that one I'm waiting out for until the virus settles down. I know I will get a rough reaction...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are looking great. I really like the Roe cardigan. That's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a busy week! The cardigan looks great. I love the colors in your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a busy week! The cardigan looks great. I love the colors in your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a busy week! The cardigan looks great. I love the colors in your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Roe cardi is looking fantastic and I love the way your sock is looking. I hope you have had a chance to relax this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good on you to get your pneumonia shot. We did that last year. Our flu shots aren't out yet, and so far the 3rd booster for Covid is not available unless you are in a long term care facility or have a seriously compromised immune system. I can imagine it makes sense to not get all three at once. I was so impressed with your progress on the Roe cardi and your RCR socks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seem to have missed all the blogger posts last week, doh! I love the patterning on your Roe cardigan. It must be good to finally have some cooler weather and eventually be able to sit outside and craft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.