YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Texas Week 2

 


Today starts my second week in Texas.  That also mean it is my last week here.  I have been asked to stay longer but unfortunately, I have obligations back at home I need to go and take care of.  I would have love to stay longer to help out, but, it just can't be.

DIL is having good days and bad days.  It is to be expected.  I am praying the good days happen more often than the bad soon.  Right now we are doing 1 good, 1 bad, repeat.  Although, I will say she is a very good patient and doesn't give me grief about anything I do for her to make her more comfortable.

The one thing I am trying to get used to is the weather here.  Look at the comparison of here to where I come from.


There is a frost advisory for here tonight!  Back home (on the left) they are in the 80s and 90s.  We finally hit the 80s here just before I go back home.  I have been in long pants, and layered tops and still am cold.  And wind.................lots of wind here.  Yes, I lived in Texas for a year.  And where I lived is only about 60 miles northeast of here.  But I do not remember it being this chilly in April.  

That being said......yesterday was beautiful and in the mid 70's.  DIL and I took a couple of walks around her neighborhood and it was glorious.  Not thinking that will happen today.

In other news....................I got a lovely surprise last night.


My Grandson and his Girlfriend came over as a little surprise for me.  It was so happy to see them.  It has been 2 years and that is WAY to long not to see grandchildren.  They will be back over this weekend for a family dinner and I will have the joy of having 3 grands all together at one time.  If I am lucky, I may have 4 but not sure if one of them will be back from his trip he is on at the moment.

Knitting on the socks continues at a snails pace. Every 30 minutes I am checking on my patient and helping her with daily living activities.  It has been my pleasure to do it too.  It has given me so much time to really get to know her.  She and my son have only been married 5 years and 1 of those years she was deployed to the middle east and 2 of those years we were separated thanks to covid and other responsibilities.  She is a lovely person and I am blessed to be able to have this time with her.

Until next time.........................................................

6 comments:

  1. how sweet that you have been invited to stay longer, you must be a big help and fun to spend time with. I love that you saw more family and two years is too too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you are having a lovely time and is a shame you can't stay longer, but at least you have had these two weeks. It will be so lovely to catch up with your grandchildren and I hope your dil keeps improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to be around your family that you only get to see so often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific MIL you are. I'm sure your DIL is grateful for your care. And how nice that you're seeing grands you haven't seen in over two years!?! That does sound like a long time. That's long enough for people to have changed their looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my MIL had been as nice as you are! LOL! I'm so happy you are able to visit with your family. It has been cold here too and it was a cold winter. It's been a very unusual year and even now it is much colder than normal. I'm not complaining though! I'd rather have this than the hot, hot summer! I will pray that your DIL heals and fully recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your DIL is very lucky to have you! I'm sure things will heal with time. It sounds like you've been very busy -- but totally worth it when the grands show up. Not that I would know. I'm just happy to see my kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.