YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 28, 2021

YOP Week 39 and Much More

 


Here I am again.  Time for me to update my blog and regale you with stories of craftiness as well as life in general.  So grab you favorite beverage, sit back and read on.

CRAFTING

I have finishes again this week.


The garter stitch dishcloth got completed on Tuesday.  I am in love with this yarn I am using.  It is sugar wheel cotton from Hobby Lobby.  It is so soft and stays that way even after washing and using.  The yarn is DK weight so a bit smaller than the Sugar and Cream I normally use for dishcloths.  I am able to get between 5-7 dishcloths from a skein, depending on the pattern I use.


The ripple lapghan was completed on Tuesday also.  Sorry for the less than stellar photo but it was early morning and hardly any natural light.  I was able to use up 8 of my remnant skeins of yarn.  If you look very closely, you can see where one color ran out and I started using another color that was just a few shades off. This was a great project for using up those partial skeins.  I have many more partials skeins so am planning on another project to use them up also.  

Once those two projects were completed I cast on a pair of socks.



This is my favorite pattern, "Car Socks" that I use for 90% of my socks.  It is basically a plain vanilla sock but I love the heel she does on this.  The yarn is Harmony Sock yarn from Brazen Stitchery in the colorway Margaritaville.  It will have a contrasting heel and toe.  This will be the first time I have ever done a contrasting heel/toe so am watching YouTube to see how it is done.  Who knew there were so many different ways to do contrasting heels and toes!

Not wanting to have only one new project, I also started another cross stitch.


This is another cross stitch my daughter had purchased and gave to me to work on.  I remember now why cross stitch is so slow going. It does not make a good TV viewing project.  Most of my crafting is done in the evenings when hubby and I are watching TV.  Guess I will just need to find a bit of time during the day to sit and work on this as well as my Madonna and Child cross stitch I started some time ago.

In all honesty, I have not picked up my knitting nor my cross stitch in a couple of days.  My RA decided to flare up a bit on Friday and Saturday and really messed with my hands and wrists.  It is so much better today though.  So, I will be working on these projects again.

LIFE

This past week I was on dog duty for three days.  All of my kids have dogs and all of their dogs have such unique personalities.  Just like kids do.  This week Thor and I hung out for a few days.  He has graduated from being kenneled when his humans are gone, to having full reign of the house.  He has never destroyed anything, even as a puppy.  Even so, he still needs a bit of human contact in the 11 hours while his humans are out of the house.  I went down and spent about 4 hours each day with him.



He wanted a selfie taken!  He is quite the character, isn't he?

I always ask my daughter in law if there is anything I can do for her while I am there.  Normally it is just doing dishes for her.  This time I got to make some pans of Cheesy Mostaccioli for her.  She and my son were preparing to head up north with friends for the weekend.  They were responsible for Saturday nights dinner.



It was nice to be able to do something for her.  Plus, we got the privilege of having our grand daughter overnight on Saturday night.  Shhhhh, she is still sleeping.  

I have big plans for her and I today.  We need to go and look for a decorative pot to plant my white Christmas/Thanksgiving cactus in,.  My daughter gave me a cutting from hers.  It has been rooted in a glass of water and is now ready to plant in dirt.  I also need to repot one of my orchids into a bigger pot.  I have the pot for that but just need to get it done.  Then I bought some material for more face masks.  I know the face mask mandate has been lifted here in Arizona but.........................99% of all stores are still asking that you continue to wear your mask.  Grand Daughter also asked if I could make her a couple more black masks for her to wear to school.  She is back to full time in person learning.  That should keep us plenty busy for today.

While we are busy with all those fun activities, hubby is going to be doing a zoom class on the Shroud of Turin.  It is being made available to our entire church congregation.  He does this presentation every year on Palm Sunday to help prepare us for Holy Week.  Last night he gave a 'reader's digest" version to Josie.  She was totally fascinated by it.  I think that means he will be a hit today with the people who decide to tune in for his presentation.

This coming week looks nice and calm.  I am hoping to get back to finishing up my decluttering of the house.  I only have 1 closet and 2 rooms left to work on.  I would love to get it done so hubby and I could start on the Arizona room declutter.  That room is going to take a bit of time.  Once that is done, it will be the 2 sheds in our back yard that will need attention.  Those may need to wait until this coming fall/winter.  We are already starting to get up to the 90's and that makes it just a bit too warm to be working outside for any length of time.   I am so not ready for the heat to hit yet.  I was hoping to make it through April in the 70's and 80's.  Not thinking that is going to happen.  (Sigh)

Time to get this day started.  I hope you had a wonderful week and this coming week will be a great one for you too.

Until next time..........................Happy Crafting and Stay Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 



8 comments:

  1. It feels good to be able to make things for others! Dinner, some masks.
    I never hear of Mostaccioli, so I went and looked it ups. The description was "similar to lasagna, but easier and made with penne", then it got me thinking how is that different than Baked Ziti. The difference: the noodles. Mostaccioli has a slanted cut and ziti a blunt cut. According to the internet: they taste the same.

    I hope you have a great, pain free week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cotton yarn you used fro HL! It's so pretty how the color fades into each other. The blanket turned out great. My giant granny is fun to work on but it still doesn't seem like my yarn piles are going down! LOL! Did you have a lot of ends to weave in? Margaritaville is a perfect name for those socks! Great for the summertime. I love the cross stitch you're working on and what a perfect time of year. Thor, what a cutie! I remember when he was just a puppy.....he's a big boy now.
    Boy, I wish I would have had a MIL like you! How nice of you to make that dinner for them. I looked up a recipe and printed it off already! LOL! It looked so good! You've done so good on the de-cluttering. I fell off the wagon but I have been doing it just not following "the program". I am loving Spring but then comes the heat....not as hot as you but it will get hot and humid in the summer. TAke care and enjoy the coming week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Palm Sunday. I miss not being able to be in church for these special days. Maybe next year? Your projects all looks great and I am going to check out that sock pattern. I always like to try new and different heels. Have a good week, and I hope your RA settles down and that the heat doesn't come too quickly or stay too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you found a great way to be helpful to your son and daughter-in-law. Plus topping it off with a special weekend with your granddaughter. I'm hopeful someday I'll get to have granny/granddaughter days but with my kids all over the country, it's highly unlikely. So much for being the grandmother I always hoped I would be. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have family around. that afghan is beautiful and the photo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your selfie with the dog. Very cute indeed and I'd be tempted to get that printed it is such a cute picture...would perhaps make a good photo for a personalised card for your son. My MIL fed our dog pizza when she dog sat and we went from a dog who never ever approached the table when we ate to now hanging around any time we cook anything with bread, cheese or tomatoes 🙈 on my phone screen I can't notice a shade change on the ripples, its a lovely looking blanket though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah dog duties sound great. Your ripple blanket looks great and the new socks are lovely 😍

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.