YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, May 5, 2019

T Minus 7 AKA Week 45

 

Hello one and all.  How did it become Sunday afternoon already?  This is what happens when we go to Mass on Sunday instead of Saturday.  Because, after Sunday Mass you really want to go and have breakfast with your BFF's and then you need to go to the hardware store and the grocery store.  Then.....BAM.....It is 1pm and you are just sitting down to write your blog post.  This post will be picture heavy, so sit back and relax for a while.  That laundry can wait!

I do have finishes this week.  There was a mid week post but I know most of you only read the Sunday posts.  So here is my first finish of the week.



They are finally done and have been worn twice already.  He loves them and is already asking when the next pair will be done!  I haven't even cast on another pair yet.

My next FO is the Mimic Shawl.


I took several different angles of this while it was blocking.  In fact, it is still on the blocking boards.  So here are all the shots I took of it.




It ended up being 6 feet long and 24 inches deep.  It will be perfect for our places that love to run their A/C super cold.  And now, you know what I use our pool table for LOL.

I am now perusing patterns to find a sweater pattern to use up some of my copious amounts of DK yarn.  So far, I have found one I love but it is a cropped sweater and knit from the bottom up.  I have only knit top down sweaters in the past.  That style of knitting suits me quite well.  I can try on as I go and make adjustments as needed that way too.  So, there is nothing on my needles or hooks other than a dishcloth.  Shocking huh!

The main reason there is no activity in my yarn is the busy week we have had.  This being Josie's last year at her current school, there has been so much activity going on there.  I already wrote about the May Crowning on May 1.  That evening we had a BBQ at her high school she will be attending this fall.  We were there until well after dark.  It was a very long day for this MiMi.  On Friday, I went to her school assembly where she was presented with Student of the Month.


So proud of her.  Can you tell her mom is pretty proud of her too!  I also did 4 loads of laundry Friday since I had not had a chance to do any laundry all week.  I am telling you, this past week has been one of the busiest in a long time.  

Saturday we had Confirmation and First Communion at our church.  As we had several people we knew receiving these sacraments, we went to that 2 hour service.  After wards, we were invited to a lunch celebration with one of the families.  When the delicious Italian feast was over we headed over to our son's house to continue the celebration and to let the kids swim for a while.  Another VERY long day for us.  I slept for 10 hours last night!  

Today, hubby is smoking a brisket even though we probably will not eat it until tomorrow.  We are so full from our breakfast.  I am going to go back through knitting patterns again looking for a sweater pattern that speaks to me as well as probably cast on some short socks.

I have one last photo for you.  My husband loves to give me flowers.  His favorite thing to do is give me potted flowers and watch me tend them and baby them to make them grow year round.  Here is the latest flower he bought me.


It is called Orange Star.  It is so pretty.  It has been blooming for over 2 weeks now and still has many more buds on it to open.  Not much info came with this one so Google and I are going to be best friends.

OOPS..........One more photo...........I promise this is the last one.


My fur babies.  This bed is in the room with the pool table.  I was blocking my shawl and looked down and there they were.  Needless to say, I am seldom alone in a room.  The male dog is always by my side and the female drops in to say hi from time to time.  

I hope your day is blessed.

Until next time....................Happy Crafting!!! 

6 comments:

  1. What a week you've had! Full of good stuff. Congrats to your granddaughter. How cool is that, that she was awarded student of the month! And I think your hubby giving you potted plants that flower is really sweet. I don't tend to do real well with houseplants, but I've managed to keep several alive all winter. They're starting to fade a bit, so thankfully I can put them outside where nature will tend to them better than I. The socks are wonderful! And your shawl is amazing! I love that!!! And I love that you can block on your pool table. No difficult bending over for you! I hope you have another good week, Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...a smoked brisket sounds so yummy! I love how your husband buys you flowers. I get flowers from the husband maybe Mother's Day and for my birthday. I see pretty flowers at times at TJ's and always look around but never buy any; I think that needs to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fulfilling week. I love the shape of the shawl - and you are right it will be perfect for the too chilly A/C rooms. The flower is beautiful - nice guy that hubby of yours. I hope you find just the right pattern to cast on - can't have empty needles for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really busy but exciting week you've had Marsha. Congratulations to your granddaughter, how wonderful for her to be awarded student of the month. I love the flower and that your husband buys them for you, I must admit mine does to, not potted plants as I don't have a good history with them but fresh flowers. Love the finishes and I hope you can find a sweater garment that you like to use up your DK yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy week. The socks are fabulous. As is the shawl, which will be the perfect cover up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband sounds like a superstar, brings you flowers and wears your knitting! Congratulations to your granddaughter. I’m a week behind so hope this week has been a bit calmer but equally joyous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.