YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week 33



Happy Sunday all.  Thirty three weeks into this YOP and I am still posting weekly.  It is amazing with all that has happened in the past 33 weeks.  I have found, blogging has helped me so much with my emotional well being.  My readers have been so supportive and offer so many kind words.  It makes my heart sing.

Today, I have lots of craftiness to show you.  First up, a finished item.



Yea!  The Hermione Everyday socks are completed.  It actually should be cool enough for me to wear them on Valentine's day too.

I also started and finished another Point to Point shawl.


This one went to my mother in law and she loves it!   She is always chilled and this is the perfect size for someone in a wheelchair.  It will not drag on the wheels like a sweater does.

Last night, I realized my mother in law is heading back to Nevada this week and thought it would be a good idea if she had a couple more shawls to keep her warm.  So I started another Point to Point.

This is one of those cake yarns.  I am not extremely happy with the way the color changes are but........she will love it when it is done.  I should have it completed this afternoon and then will  start another one right away and have it finished tomorrow.  I will do the next one in more neutral tones........if I can find that color in my stash.  I have it in DK weight so may just have to increase the number of points by one and make them a bit longer to accommodate for the difference in yarn weight or.........................go and buy 550 yards of an earth toned worsted weight yarn.  That actually sounds  like a better idea to me.  LOL  Phew.......see what I mean about this blog being so good for me?

Knitterrarium's new pattern was released on Thursday.  Of course I picked it up straight away and started on it.  Midnight Sunset.

Here is where I am:


It is a bit scrunched up.  I am loving the rhythmic feel of this shawl.  I am using the color palette from our sunsets we have here.

I am taking the dark burgundy and the light silver colors from this photo.  I added the pink, which is a color that appears in our sunrises here.  This photo was taken in my back yard about 2 years ago.  It has become my screen saver on my phone, hence all the little stuff at the top.  I have since lost the photo out of my gallery so am at the mercy of phone photo to show you.

We heard from the Veteran's facility in Nevada last week and they say Mother In Law will be admitted there this week.  I was supposed to stay home and get things settled here while others helped hubby get mom to her new place.  Looks like I am going to be going since everyone seems to have 'stuff' on their plate and just can't get away for 2-3 days.  So, I am scrambling to find a dog sitter/feeder while I am gone.  Fingers crossed!

On top of everything else, we helped or son and his family move to their new house this week.  It was a lot of work but am so happy for them to finally find a house they love.

Our son, in the Navy, was nominated as the Honor Graduate by his fellow officers in his Senior Enlisted Academy class.  It is a pretty big deal and we are super proud of him.

Once again, we had overnight guests at our home.  It was only for one night and I got to see a niece I haven't seen in almost a year.  Once MIL is moved back to her home state, our company visits will diminish greatly.  We are looking forward to doing some traveling this year and with my mom gone and his mom now being taken care of, we will be more free to come and go as we please.  THIS is what we envisioned for retirement!

Until next time.......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!



8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got the news you were waiting for so that your MIL can get settled. It sounds like lots more work for you in the short term but it also sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel is shining brightly :) You'll need a proper rest once everything's done and dusted! Lovely socks, and hurray for sock weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your MIL will be settled...and congratulations about your son! Lovely photo that you are basing the project on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture from your back yard is so beautiful! And the shawl is lovely being inspired by the sunset colors. I really like that Point to Point shawl. I may need to check that out. What good family news - all the way around. Congratulations on the honor your son received from his fellow officers. Here's hoping moving your MIL goes smoothly this week, and that she's happy in her new place. I hope your week is good, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks are perfect for Valentine's Day! And look at you go with the shawls! Your MIL is going to love them....you are the most thoughtful person I know! Your sunset photo is gorgeous! Congrats to the new homeowners and to your son on his honor. I hope you get MIL all settled and taken care of and that you and your husband can relax a bit and have some fun! Take care and I agree....without my blogging friends I would go nuts...or have I? LOL! Hugs~Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been so busy again, I'm amazed at how much you have accomplished. The socks are splendid and the shawls are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marsha :) The sunset is gorgeous and very inspiring! I'm glad your mother in law's living arrangements will be settled soon, that must be so frustrating to just wait and wait on other people. Congratulations to your son!!!

    I love the socks!!! And oh my look at all those shawls! Busy bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours of your midnight sunset shawl. and your hermione socks are wonderful - they have been in my queue far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your MIL now has a place to go to. Congrats on your son's nomination and award. How busy you've been. Great job on the Hermione socks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.