YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Schedules, Food and Book and a Question

Image result for mission accomplished female

This how I feel today.  Since getting home Saturday night, hubby and I have had quite the 'to do' list going on.

Sunday - two loads of laundry done, grocery list made and groceries bought, cars filled with gas, a bit of shawl knitting while watching the Olympics, our dinner I cooked:

Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce is a great-tasting, 20-minute dish, perfect for busy weeknights! We like it served with brown rice, pasta, quinoa or farro on the side, or a serve it with roasted veggies and a salad.

Chicken and mushrooms in white wine sauce by Skinnytaste, and a lovely fresh salad.

Monday - made 2 Dr appointments, cleaned my craft room, two more loads of laundry, got package with sock needles ready to mail to a friend who only has 1 size of needles (I have several sets of socks needles that I no longer use), filled out accident insurance papers from my mom's death, copied medical records for said insurance papers, Shawl knitting during the Olympics, our dinner that night:

Korean Beef Rice Bowls takes about 20 minutes to whip up, so quick and easy, loaded with flavor for under 400 calories!

Korean beef rice bowl by Skinnytaste.  Super yummy and very spicy.

Tuesday - went to post office to mail out packages, went to mortuary to pick up final items for my mom's funeral, Sam's club shopping, eye appointment for hubs and I, Costco shopping, dogs nail appointment, vacuum sealed meat, Sock knitting during the Olympics, dinner that night:

Image result for sandwiches

Time got away from me so we had some left over bacon and made ourselves some yummy BLTA (bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado).  Super yummy

Wednesday - Another trip to the post office to mail another package, Got nails done, went to bank to close mom's account, nutritionist appointment, will work on shawl tonight during the Olympics, our dinner tonight will be:

Chicken, prunes, olives, carrots, onions, garlic and ginger are slow-cooked with Moroccan spices to create a flavorful and fragrant dish that you’ll want to make again and again. Serve it over whole-wheat couscous (or cauliflower rice for a low-carb option) with lemon wedges, fresh cilantro, or some chopped pistachios or almonds for a complete meal.  


Slow cooker Moroccan Chicken & Olive Tagine by Skinnytaste.  A new recipe for us.  Hopefully it will be good.

The only thing I have left to do for my mom is to complete a biography of her and get it sent to the Pastor doing the memorial service.  I plan on completing that yet this week.

I did finish a book this week.


Another blogging buddy had read this and loved it.  I decided to try it.  It is not my 'normal' type of book I read.......I was not disappointed though.  I gave it a 4.5 out of 5 stars.  A big thank you to Stefanie from Crafts with Wool Paper Fabric blog.  Your recommendation was spot on.

You probably noticed I use a lot of Skinnytaste recipes.  I love her website and her foods are so natural and uses fresh ingredients most of the time.  In the 5 years I have been cooking her recipes, we have only found 2 recipes we will not repeat.  She also is great about giving all the nutrition facts of each recipe.  That sure helps me out since I need to watch certain facts for hubby's health.

Do any of you use an instant pot?  I have one and have seldom used it.  My goal in the next couple weeks is to learn more about it and actually use it.  If you have one ad have and recommendations for recipes, I would love it.

Until next time.......................happy crafting




1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, you have given me too much credit, girlfriend, as I haven't read that book. Sorry if you were mislead somehow. I like the looks of that Moroccan chicken recipe. My mum bought us an instant pot for New Year's. The husband just took it out of the delivery box. I will have to start playing with it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.