Sunday, August 23, 2026

WEEK 8

 


Posting today almost did not happen.  More on that later.

Here is what I did this week on the crafting front.


I finished the 'replacement' sock Tuesday (18th).  


Started the second 'replacement' sock on the Wednesday and that was the last day I touched any of my projects.  This means, I have not picked up any of my WIP's in 4 days!  Unheard of, right?

Well, Monday, I had to go and get my nails all prettied up.  Tuesday, I went and had my hair trimmed up.  Good thing I went too.  Found out my hair dresser is moving locations in a week!  Luckily, it is still in the area so I will be able to still go to her.

Wednesday we went to pick up hubby's suit for the wedding.  The suit coat and shirt did not fit!  They ordered another size and told us to come back the next day.  After we left there we went to lunch with Josie and her other grandparents.  We enjoyed having a little private time with the bride to be.

Went back Thursday to get the suit coat and it was still not a great fit.  They wanted to order another one and have us come back on Friday but I kind of threw a little hissy fit and informed them our Friday was totally booked and they just needed to figure it out.  BAM!  They found another coat that fit much better and were able to hem the sleeves while we waited!  Amazing!  We went to lunch with our friends from Las Vegas and spent the day with them ending it with a lovely dinner at our mom and pop Italian restaurant.

Friday was rehearsal day and open house for out of towners.  That lasted all morning into late afternoon.  Then our niece and her family (from Las Vegas) came over to our house for dinner.  My niece helped me get the wedding dress back into the dress bag.  She also helped me get things together that we needed to take to the wedding venue.

Saturday I ended up at Total Wine getting NA Guinness for a couple of the gentlemen that were attending the wedding.  We got to the venue at 4:30 and spent the next 2 hours helping everyone get dressed.  We had an issue getting Josie's dress fastened!  It was so hot in the room they were getting dressed in.  It was like her body swelled up in the dress.  After several tries, we were finally able to get it all snapped, zipped and tied up.  We were at the venue until around 10:30.  By the time we got home and got everything put away is was midnight.

Today, we got up around 7 and went to 9am Mass followed by going out to breakfast with other wedding party goers.  The rest of the day is being spent doing absolutely nothing!  I start taking care of Josie's cats tomorrow until they come home next Sunday.

I do have a couple of photos from the Grand Event!


The grand entrance after being officially married.


Their first dance as husband and wife.


That's my and my hubby of almost 51 years.  Tired but very happy.  We really like the young man she married and they are just so darn cute together.  He is happy to have new grandparents close to home too.

That covers my week.  I hope yours was productive.

Until Next Time............Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.