Sunday, August 30, 2026

9TH WEEK OF FINISHES

 


What a wonderful week it was!  Things actually got done. Let's start by looking at what happened in the crafting world.

TA-DA!


I finished the second 'replacement' sock.  I was happy to see I was able to get the stripes matching up.  Hubby so loves his socks.  He wears socks everyday.  Even in the summer time.

NEW TA-DA





Hubby and I went to a Sip n Paint night.  Neither of us are talented in drawing or painting.  So, if you can tell this is a painting of 5 chili peppers, than the instructor did a good job of showing us how to paint.  No, this is not going to be a new craft I am going to take up.  But it was a fun date night for this old married couple.

BEST TA-DA


The lap throw is completed!  This had been on my needles since November of 2025!  Pardon the photo but it was 5:30 AM when I took it so not much light.  I will never make another one of this pattern.  It was not quick and I lost count so many time.  It is going to the prayer shawl ministry at my parish this coming week.

ACQUISITIONS    

My DIL's mom brought in a bag of yarn she did not like.  She does not like working with worsted weight yarn.  I am not so fussy and will work with just about any weight yarn.

I have been so good at not buying yarn for almost a year and was excited that some of my stash was starting to dwindle.  Well, guess I need to add all this to my stash and figure out what I am going to do with it.

NEW ITEM

Actually, I have decided what to do with 4 of the skeins from the above photo.


These are destined to become a To The Point Shawl.  The color reminds me of rainbow sherbet.  The shawl is being started today after I finish blogging.

ANOTHER FINISH



Today was the last day for kitty sitting for Josie and Josh.  They return from their honeymoon this evening.  I am sure their fur babies will be happy to have them home again.  I went over everyday and spent at least an hour with the babies and gave them love and treats!  Yes, I am the good cat sitter.  I did enjoy this assignment.  I kind of miss having an pet around to love on.  The cat in the bottom photo is super friendly and very loving.  He never left my side the whole time I was there.  The other cat is very aloof and could care less if there is a human around.

READING TA-DA

I finished two books this week.  They are listed on my YOP list.  The last one made me cry and that is not easy to do.  Now, I am on the hunt to find another book for my kindle.  

Amazing what gets done when a person does not have a week filled with commitments.  Next week is just about as empty so I hope to get more things accomplished.

ANOTHER PHOTO

I found another photo of the newlyweds.  It is a much better one than the ones I put up last week.


I am sure I will be posting more as we get more from other people and the photographer.

HUBBY TA-DAs

Hubby always asks me what I need him to do for me each day.  We had a good chuckle today as I told him today was brought to him by the letter "S".
1. Saplings cut off tree
2. Salt added to softener
3. Spray weeds
4. South security camera batteries changed
5. South Point Casino for March bingo tourney

And with that, I will leave you with this little goodie.



Until Next Time.................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.