YOP LIST 2024-2025

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

SAD NEWS

 


When I woke up yesterday morning, I had a text message from Josie asking me to call her when I had a minute.

I knew immediately what the call was about.  Charlie Kitty.

Her parents had been taken him to the emergency vet on Sunday because his back legs were not working and he was walking on the knuckles of his front paws.  

When Josie got home from work, she took him into her bed for night and spent the night petting and loving on him.  He left this world for the rainbow bridge about 4 in the morning.

My heart breaks for her.  She was such a good momma to the kitty.  But even at 4 weeks he only weighed 4 ounces.  So there was definitely something wrong with him.  He had some type of neurological problem for his legs to stop working too.  The vet did xrays but they were clear so we know he had not sustained any type of injury.

Here are some of our favorite memories of Charlie.


Thor's tail was the best toy ever.



Thor made a nice place to rest too.


On eye level with each other and getting kisses.


Riding in the center console of the car.  Heading home from the ER.  The last photo we have of the baby boy.  He was so little.  Good bye sweet Charlie.  You will be missed by all who knew you.  13 days in the family but forever in our hearts.



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to read this, Marsha. I'm teary just imagining Josie caring for Charlie Kitty so - right up to the end. I know she feels heart broken. I imagine Thor is missing him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so sorry. Charlie had a good life, though short. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no!!! I'm sorry! He was loved completely in his short life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. The days he was with you will be treasured forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.