YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 4, 2024

WEK 32 OF YEAR 13

 


A week has gone by and I do not have a lot of crafting to show or talk about.  Life gets in my way too much.  I think that is a good thing though.  Keeps me busy and active.  So, here is what I have accomplished this past week.


As of this morning I am just a few rows shy of starting the toe on my Scatterby Sock.  My dream was to have it completed and sock #2 on the needles by this morning.  Like I said, life got in my way.

I spent one day at the car dealership trying to figure out why my car made a loud bang and felt like it had been hit by another vehicle when there was not another car anywhere around me.  Then I had acceleration problems and high RPM.  This all happened when driving Josh home from his radiation treatment and going 70 MPH!  By the time I got back into the car to take it to the dealer, everything was working as normal.  The service department could not find anything wrong with it either!  It seems to be fine now but that was quite scary.  Hopefully it was just 'one of those things' and all will be well.

Another half of a day was spent with 4 of my cousins having lunch,catching up and reliving old times.


It was a very windy day as you can see from the hair blowing and my shirt trying to take off.  (I am on the far right)  We had not seen each other for years so it was nice to really have time to catch up.  There were a total of 26 of us cousins and now we are down to 23.  Guess we are not as young as we thought we were.  They live as far as the east coast to Hawaii.  Could be why we seldom see each other.

There seemed to be a plethora of laundry this week.  Probably because I had purchased new sheets for our bed and wanted to wash them before using them.  That takes up a whole laundry load in itself.

I have gotten back into menu planning too.  It sure does save on time throughout the week and also $$ when going to the grocery store.  We only purchase what we need for the week and try not to impulse buy anything else.  I started that the first of the year and so far it is going well.

This month I have also started doing a 15 minute a day declutter.  I do not do it on the weekend, normally.  But throughout the week, I choose a room and work on that room until completed.  My hopes is to have the main part of the house done by the end of the year.  We also have 2 sheds and of course, the dreaded backroom that is used for storage of things we don't want stolen out of our sheds. (Yes, we have people jumping our block wall and helping themselves to our sheds)  Those places will be the least of my worries until the living part of our home is done.

On Thursday, Jaxon came over and we had a sleepover.  I am so glad my grandkids like to come and spend time with us old folks.  My kids never had that opportunity as we always lived far away from all the grand parents.  Grandparents are so important in a child's life.  I cherish my memories of my time with my grandparents.  Hopefully my grandchildren will feel the same way when I am gone.

We got another inch of rain this past week.  More rain is expected this week too.  Winter is our rainy season.  Even though you hear about us having monsoons, they are not normally huge rain producers for us.  They bring lots of dust and wind and just enough rain to mess everything up.

I have rambled on long enough.  I hope all of you are having a glorious day.

Until Next Time............................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get to spend time with your cousins. Sadly that's a part of my life that didn't continue past my early teen days. Families got too busy and we didn't get together as we kids got older. How wonderful your grandson wanted to have a sleepover. Sadly we live too far away from current and future grandkids. I love what the Scatterby pattern does to the yarn. Your foot versus leg really shows it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week visiting with family. Sorry about the car - that was probably very scary. I am sure it behaved itself perfectly when at the dealership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sock you are working on Marsha, it looks like a fun pattern. How nice you were able to spend time with your cousins, I never spent much time with my cousins and those I did stopped when I got into high school. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that car incident does sound scary. It reminds me, a year or so ago, I was driving in Indianapolis (in a safe area), and all of a sudden with a thud, I felt like something hit my car. I was sure someone had thrown something at me, and figured I had a dent in the side of my car. I drove a bit further, then turned into a safe place, called my husband to let him know where I was and what I thought had happened. I got out and looked and found no damage whatsoever. No dirt. Nothing. It was the weirdest thing. Now you make me wonder if maybe it was just my car... I drive a 20 year-old Honda CRV, for whatever that may be worth. It makes noises. But never anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the idea of a 15 minute clutter each day. I doubt I would do it right now but it's a fine idea!! I need to start menu planning soon, I fly by the seat of my pants and so far it works most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cousin reunion sounds fun. We have a very small family so I only have 3 first cousins, who are scattered round the globe. The car incident sounds very odd, I drove under a road bridge once and lots of little plastic round things fell on the car and the noise was horrendous and it made dozens of chips in my car. You weren’t going under a bridge at the same time were you, have you checked the roof of the car? Anyway a week with a happy family sounds great, I wish our family were closer and better at being together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh pants, forgot again that last comment was Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great week with family. Sorry about the car, that’s frustrating. Love the idea of the 15 minute declutter. I often break unpleasant/overwhelming tasks into small bits. Otherwise they don’t get done. -Jen @Carolina Tales.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.