YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 25, 2024

WEEK 35

 


For the past few weeks, my updates have been pretty short and honestly, kind of boring.  rehashing the same thing each week.  Well, this week is not going to be short and hopefully, not boring.

I have a finish!!!!  Yipee!!!


My Scatterby Socks are completed and in my sock drawer.  Of course, now that they are completed, our temps have been in the 80's.  Not exactly prime time for 'long' socks.  This means I need to cast on some Rose City Roller socks for me!  Hubby says he has plenty of socks.  I only have 4 pair of the RCR socks, so need to get on those soon.

Once the socks were off the needles, I cast on my next knit........Nope, not RCR socks but.....


The Habitation Throw.  I have had this on my wish list for quite a while.  Probably 3-4 years!  I am using some of my left over yarns to make this.  I am not planning on making this as large as some do.  I am going for either a triangular shawl or a lap blanket for the prayer shawl ministry.  This knit is the perfect relaxing knit to do while watching TV or talking on the phone.

I had plenty of knitting time this week.  I managed to tweak my back on Wednesday while doing my daily declutter.  I was working on my jewelry armoire and was bent over for over a couple of hours.  Not my best move!  When I went to stand straight my back informed me it was not having it.  Even today, it is still sore if I am in one position for too long.  Movement is my best friend.  At least the spasms have stopped and now it is just sore!  Getting old is not for sissies.  That is why I had so much knitting time.

Josh completed his chemo/radiation this past week.  To celebrate we were invited to lunch with him, his wife, and of course, Josie.  It was so much fun.  Stacie (His wife) and I played pull tabs and she did quite well and won nicely.


I won too by just being with family.  Our daughter and her husband were able to join us too so it was very special!

Next up is something that has been in the works since Thanksgiving.  Josie wanted to get a Father Daughter Tattoo.  Josie is the one that came up with the idea shortly after Josh was diagnosed with brain cancer.  They finally got them done this past week.  If you are a Marvel Avengers movie nut (like this family is) you will totally understand where this saying came from.  If not, you can find out here.  Make sure you read the entire article to get why it means so much to them.  (Bring a tissue)


This is Josh's written in Josie handwriting.


And Josie's is written in Josh's handwriting.



Father and Daughter together.  I don't know if you know this but, Josie is named after her parents.  Jos, from Josh and Lynn from her mom's middle name.  Joslynn!  So, this tattoo has a lot of meaning for the two of them.  When she presented the idea to her dad, he actually cried.  So did I.

As I am sitting here writing my blog today, I have a little buddy sleeping next to me.


My little Enrique boy.  Such a sweet boy.  A big joy in my life too.  Even hubby likes him!

I can not leave you without giving you something to chuckle over.



Until Next Time...................Happy Crafting!!!!!!



6 comments:

  1. I generally hate tattoos but I'll make an exception for your son and granddaughter. How very special. I'm sure the tattoos will bring them strength for the future. I share your back misery. I decided to set up a jigsaw puzzle table. Unfortunately that means leaning over the puzzle to find pieces. Time frequently slips by before I realize it but my back sure lets me know when I try to straighten up. Your Scatterby socks look great. I just love that texture it creates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for finished socks! Love them Marsha and excited to see your progress on your habitation throw. That is so special for son and granddaughter, and will always be there as a reminder of such love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm crying now too. I read the article, but even without understanding the origin of the phrase, I could imagine how much those tattoos mean to Josie and Josh.

    I tweaked my back a week ago, too - and have no idea how it happened. Fortunately, mine healed up a day or two ago with some rest and heat and I'm thinking ibuprofen helped too. I hope your back is feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. to me it doesn't matter what you blog about, knitting or not knitting, it's nice to see you and hear from you. Loved reading the story about your grand and your son, so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tattoos a lovely sentiment. The finished socks are beautiful and I love the habitation throw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realise I forgot to come back and comment the other day after I’d clicked on the link to the origin of I love you 3000, what a sweet story and what a great idea for their father daughter tattoos. She’s looking all grown up and beautiful, shows how long I’ve been following your blog for. I’m glad you’ve started your habitation throw and I like the large section before the colour changes, if I made another it would be less busy than my current one. I’m behind again so I hope this has been a good week for you. Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.