YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 18, 2024

WEEK 34

 


Not a good crafting week.  Here is what I got done.


Heel is done and just barely got part of the foot done.  Yup, not super exciting, huh.  I want to get this done as I have several projects I want to start and I know if I cast any of them on, this will get put on the back burner.

I did manage to get 15 minutes a day of decluttering for 4 days.  So, the kitchen and my part of the bedroom are completed.  Next will be my bathroom and my jewelry box.  Hopefully hubby will get inspired soon and pitch in.  If not, I will take it upon myself to do his areas which he will not like lol.  

Most of the week was spent dealing with car issues and family things.  Nothing I really want to talk about yet.  Nothing really serious but just frustrating and time consuming.

Josh has his last treatment on Monday.  Then it is a month long waiting game for testing and determination to see what is next.

Lent started last Wednesday.  This means meatless Fridays for the next 6 weeks.  I really like this time as it gives me a chance to branch out with my cooking and try new things and let my imagination take over in the kitchen.  And, no, I don't just throw fish on the grill every Friday.  I love to explore plant based meals during this time.  Hello Mediterranean diet recipes.

Here is my photo of Enrique this week.


We bought him this bed over a month ago.  It was to replace the HUGE bed that he and Luna shared.  This week is the first time he has actually gotten into it and slept.  There are still a few toys and one more bed of Luna's that we need to dispose of but it is still hard for me to see her things go out the door.  Heck, I still have 2 blankets that belonged to Wire.  Enrique really likes those blankets so they stay.

For those of us who do a lot of cooking with oil.  Here is your funny for the week.


Until Next Time.....................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had car issues to deal with. The socks look good. That pattern works well with the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also love meatless Fridays. Bring on the fish and seafood!! My daughter gives up sweets which would be much more a sacrifice for us than meat. I hope life settles down and that you can have some enjoyable crafting time. Congrats on your decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Car issues are always so worrisome and draining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sock you’re working on Marsha, I haven’t worked on my socks too much either so you’re in good company here. Enrique is so cute!! We bought our new pup a bed but she has decided that she likes our bed better. Who knew something so small could be such a bed hog 😂 Hope all is well with you and your family…. big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. may this week be filled with more knitting and less stress for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss Luna's passing? I went back through your posts but couldn't find anything. Is this me with an "aging brain"? I was so sorry to hear that and poor Enrique....it is hard on them too.
    Good for you with the decluttering....nice to know I am not alone in "clearing out". I pray that the treatments worked on Josh. I p ray for him and your family every day even though I have not been a good blog friend. Love your socks and you are so disciplined to stick with it before starting something else. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not being serious observers of Lent or meatless Fridays, I do enjoy the various fish opportunities offered in area restaurants, and even fish fries in our area during Lent. Somehow fried fish seems less "sinful" during Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he looks so cosy in the new bed. Sorry it was a frustrating week, I hope the final session went well for Josh. I’ve been meat free for 34 years so I could say I’m also doing meat free Fridays 😉 I hope you have been able to get a bit more time to yourself to knit and look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last comment was from Liz (Highlandheffalump), you probably realised that by my tardiness

    ReplyDelete
  10. The socks look great! You’re almost to the finish line :). Sorry to hear about the car troubles. Hoping this week was a bit calmer and brought you more knitting time. ~ Jen @Carolina Tales

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.