YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 28, 2024

WEEK 31 Was A Doozy!

 


Happy Day to all of you.  This past week whizzed by me!  There was something going on each day that pulled me away from blessed knitting time.  Let's take a look.

Monday - Hubby, Josh and myself had a wonderful lunch out with friends.  These lunches take a few hours since we need to catch up with all that is going on in all of our lives.  Afterwards, hubby and I went to WalMart and Petco to pick up a few needed items.  Enrique was glad for the Petco visit as he got a new bed and toy.  Yes, he is very spoiled!

Tuesday - This was my busiest day at home for the week!  The chimes on our mantel clock were changed from Christmas mode to pop music mode.  Called my car mechanic for information and also called the Vet to make Enrique an appointment.  Rearranged all the Christmas goodies still sitting out so they didn't take up so much space as well as taking the last Christmas item down and put it away.  Vacuum sealed some items for the freezer, cleaned weekly supply of veggies, made a menu board to stick on the fridge and sewed labels and medals on the 4 prayer shawls I had and then bagged them up to take to Mass on Saturday.  Most of this was completed by noon.  Hubby has a class every other Tuesday morning and it is a grand time for me to really get things done.

Wednesday - Took Josh for his radiation treatment.  This is always a nice little mom and son time.  After I got home, hubby and I went to Winco (a grocery store) and Costco to pick up our new glasses.


This is the first time I have ever done wire rimmed glasses.  My hopes were they would be lighter than plastic ones.  So far I like them.  Hmmm.....Maybe I should have put a touch of makeup on before this picture was taken LOL.  But since the pandemic, I seldom wear makeup and I even quit dying my hair!  My husband is amazed that at 70 my hair has still not turned gray.  It is still only about 30% gray!  

Thursday - I am quite proud of myself.  My car dealership told me I needed a new wiper blade for the drivers side, a new engine air filter and gas direct fuel service all to the tune of over $300.  Hubby changed the wiper blade that we had already purchased for $8, I changed the air filter which was $10 and according to our family mechanic there is no need for the fuel service until your car reaches between 30K - 50K miles.  My car only has 19K on it!  That service is over $250!  I am so glad I made some phone calls and was able to do most of this at home!  But wait!  There is more to this day!

When I got up there was a message on my phone from TX DIL.  I called and found out Samantha (another grand kid for us) had been in a car accident the day before and they were needing rides to the tow company and the rental car place.  Seems Sam totaled her car, poor thing.  It was not her fault either.  The other driver got the ticket.  So I ran them all over town getting their errands done.  

I was still able to make my weekly menus and grocery list.  Plus, I finally pulled my sourdough starter and discard out of the fridge and made 2 batches of sourdough crackers.  My discard had quite a bit of hooch on it so drained most of that off and gave it just a little feeding then stuck it back in the fridge.  My starter is on my counter being fed to reactivate it as it had been in the fridge for several months.  As of today, it is very happy.

This was also Enrique's vet visit day.  He is fine and his weight is getting back to where it should be.  He was a bit chunky.

Friday - This was supposed to be grocery shopping day.  Well, we got to the store and my phone rang.  It was TX DIL crying on the phone.  She was at the hospital ER with Sam who was showing signs of a concussion and had some bad bruising.  Her other daughter, Jaxon, had just left the cardiologist and the news was not good from there.  Hubby and I left the store and went to the Hospital to be with her until she was calm enough to drive.  Seems Jaxon had two arteries that are not functioning properly.  This child is only 18 years old.  She is scheduled for surgery on Valentines day. Hopefully everything can be done through her arteries so they do not need to open her chest up.  Hubby and I did go to the grocery store and afterwards stayed with TX DIL until her husband got home and was able to keep her calm.  Sam was released from the ER and did not have any internal injuries from the car accident.  But they did find nodules in her lungs and a cyst on her thyroid.  She has an appointment with her Dr this week.  KIDS!!!

Saturday - Early morning food pick up for our church's food bank.  Then we lounged around until time to go to Mass.  I put corn beef and cabbage in the crockpot so we could have a nice home cooked meal after Mass.  It was sooooo yummy.  It is one of hubby's favorite meals.  We had picked up the corn beef after St Patrick's day last year.  They are real cheap at that time and since they are vacuum sealed they freeze quite well too.  The rest of the evening was spent knitting and watching the new Mission Impossible movie.

Here is where I am with my sock.


Hopefully I will get to the heel today and on to the foot.  I will not continue the pattern once I get to the foot as I do not like 'fluffy' socks in my shoes.

I saw this the other day.  Since I love gnomes, I may need to try and make these.


Cutest cupcakes ever!

Today, hubby and I have zero plans.  I am hoping to sit back, relax, knit and watch nothing of importance on the boob tube.  I will make meals for us but Hamburgers don't require much work.

I will leave you with this funny I sent to my TX DIL


Until Next Time.....................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for all the medical issues your family is experiencing. I can't imagine the shear terror your DIL is feeling. So good you are all together so that you can lean on each other as you cope. Best wishes as you and your family travel these next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a true blessing you and your husband are close to help all your family members. Scary medical issues, but hopefully they will soon be resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week! You sound like the voice of calm in this post. I pray your granddaughter does fine with the surgery in February. I can only imagine how worrisome the artery issue is.

    Oh, and Go You! on your DIY car upkeep. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like you had quite the week. Glad everyone is okay though overall. I like the pooling you're getting on the sock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adding your two grands on my prayer list! What a week. We had our car checked over along with a tire rotation and oil change, we needed a new battery and the prices have jumped up considerably since the last time we bought a battery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, another medical issue, sounds like in part it’s maybe good they needed to test her and found these other issues which may not have been known about. It’s a good job you have your faith as it seems a testing time. What are the medals you are referring to on the prayer shawls?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last comment was Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.