YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 7, 2024

WEEK 28

 


Sunday again!  Wow, this past week flew by.  Probably because I had a stupid old fashion cold for the first half of the week.  It knocked me on my bum!  I am all better now and ready to get things rolling in the crafting department of my life.

I did manage to work on little Liam's gnome.


This is Gneil from the Gnimblewoods collection of Imagine Landscapes patterns.  The body is in the decreasing rounds.  I do mine a bit different than the pattern calls for.  The pattern has you complete the body, stuff it, close it up and then do the beard and other parts you may want and then sew them on.  I make all the parts, sew them on and then finish up the body and stuff and close.  Since this is going to a little boy, I want to be sure all parts are securely fastened.  I just pulled the yarn for the beard out of my leftover yarns and will be making it today.  When this gnome is finished I have a request from the older brother for one done in purples.  BE STILL MY HEART!!!!  PURPLE!!!!!!  Not sure which gnome I will make for big brother yet.  Will cross that bridge when this one is finished.

I mailed off the hats and mitts to my niece and her daughter and received this in my messages.



They love them!  They were so excited to receive the mitts. The hats were just an extra bonus they were not expecting.  High praise from both of them who are artists!  My niece has her own online shop of her artwork and goes to art showings weekly for local artists.  Her daughter is an animation artist and does some awesome work in that field too.

I bought myself a present this past week.


An around the neck light.  When working on dark colored items in the evening, I have a hard time seeing the stitches.  I have a lovely Daylight lamp that is right behind my crafting area but it gets quite warm in the summertime.  I am hoping this will solve all my issues.  It should also help me when doing intricate cross stitch.  Isn't the color just wonderful?  I love purple!

Hubby and I got a chance to meet up with our Godson this week.



We had not seen him in over 3 years.  My husband took care of him and Josie for 2 years when they were babies.  Josie considers him her brother and he protects her like one too.  She arranged for this meeting to take place.  It was so wonderful to see him again and get hugs from him.  He now stands about 6'4" tall.  What a shock that was.  Last time I saw him he was just a tad shorter than me!

This week also saw me taking care of Enriques' needs.  He got a pedicure and also his rabies vaccine and heartworm test (it was negative).  Poor guy, he hates riding in the car.  So I managed to do all of it in one day.


Here he is this morning.  Cuddled up next to my legs to keep warm.  I guess that means he forgives me.

On to Josh news.  He got fitted for his radiation mask this week.  He starts chemo and radiation on Monday.  The chemo is oral which he was told is much easier on the stomach and body.  He and Stacie both tested positive for Covid on Thursday.  He has bounced back rapidly from it and never had any fever with it.  Stacie is still under the weather with it.  I need to check on her today to see if her fever broke.  In the meantime, Josie has moved in with us until it is safe for her to return home.  Once her mom's fever has broken for 24 hours, Josie can move back home.

It has been strange but wonderful to have a young person living here again.  She checks in with us whenever she goes somewhere.  Plus keeps us updated on when she is on the move.  Her parents have raised her well.

I should be taking down our Christmas today, but I don't want to.  I have enjoyed the tree and all the fairy lights I have around the house.  I might just keep the fairy lights up when I put my everyday decor back.  It would give a lovely glow to our home.

That is my week all wrapped up with a gorgeous ribbon on it.

Until Next Time...................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear Covid has hit close to home, but the silver lining is your granddaughter is staying with you. Glad to hear you just had an old fashioned cold. I also have a similar necklight (but in pink). It does make stitching much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hate taking down my Christmas decorations. The house feels so blah. I left up the greenery trim that I had draped across the desk where I have my little TV that I watch while knitting. I removed the bulbs but kept the pine cones and red berries. I also kept the tiny fairy lights so I can put them on when I watch tv in the evening. I have been using my neck light a lot lately. I need the extra light with the dark fingering yarns I'm using for socks. What a great picture of your niece and grand niece. Ugh covid and colds. Glad Josh bounced back quickly. Praying for the strength he needs as he gets treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy Bowen has left a new comment on your post "WEEK 28":

    I hate removing the Dec's and each year there is something 'forget' totaled down! I'm sorry Covid has hit but at least Josh has bounced back and how lovely that you can take in Josie for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing the best for Josh...plus he got Covid. Terrible. I love those mitts you knitted Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m a bit behind, I’m glad their Covid symptoms haven’t been too bad and that you’ve had some quality time with Josie again and your godson. It’s funny I am always so relieved when the decorations come down but I suspect Christmas in your home is always much happier so I can see the appeal of keeping the cheer a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.