YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 21, 2024

WEEK 30 WITH FO'S

 


A very good day to one and all!  I am so excited.  We are expecting rain any minute and it is supposed to continue for many hours.  I love the rain.  It so seldom rains here in my neck of the woods.  It is cold and dreary out too.  A good day to curl up with some crafting or possibly a good book and a beverage of choice and let the weather enfold you in it's embrace.  I also have another reason I am looking forward to some rain.


I got a new gnome rain gauge.  I had one over a year ago but someone thought it would be fun to tear it off the wall in my backyard.  It wasn't hard to figure out who did it since we only have one neighbor. (we are a corner house)  Hubby went over there and confronted the house parents there about it too.  (It was a home for girls whose parents were not fit to be parents)  Then poof!  The girls moved out and they moved in boys with the same issues.  The boys have been a dream to have as neighbors. They are very polite and always talk to us when we see them.   We do have a soccer ball in our backyard a few times a week, but that is a good sign that the boys are having fun.  Anyway..........This time I attached the gnome to the front porch of our home.  We have security cameras out there so if it goes missing we will have video of it this time.  Do you see how grey the skies are?  Just waiting for the rain to come down.


But, before I head off to weather comfort land, let me regale you with my past week of crafting and life.

Monday - MLK day here in the US.  It was also laundry day.  While waiting on the laundry to do it's thing, I attacked my craftroom and got it all put back together.  It had been the dumping grounds during the holidays.  It is all nice and tidy again and a place I find comfort.  I finished the purple prayer shawl I was working on. 

Tuesday - Went with Josie to take her cat, Loki, to the vet.  She thinks he might have a UTI.  This is the first time he had been out of the house since they got him 2 years ago.  He is normally not a very friendly kitty.  Seldom lets anyone other than Josh pet him.  But, boy did he change his tune when we got him to the vet.


He couldn't get enough lovin'.  Josie said he was like this once they got home too.  Unfortunately, they were not able to get a sample from him so she had to drop him off on Friday and leave him so they could get a UA sample from him to test for the UTI.  Hubby and I had a great dinner that evening with a few of my cousins.  We sent to Famous Dave's BBQ.  The food was good and the fellowship was awesome.  We laughed so hard.  It was great.  We are doing it again in a couple of weeks when another cousin is coming to town.

Wednesday - I have the honor of taking Josh to his chemo/radiation treatments each Wednesday.  It is nice to have the time in the car to just talk about 'stuff'.  It is a 30-45 minute drive to the facility.  His treatment takes15 minutes and then another 30 minute drive home.  Hubby and I had our annual eye exams this day too.  We both needed new glasses, so off to Costco we went to get those ordered.  I was able to finish Kaleb's Gnome today too.


I decided I did not care for the patchwork pockets on this so took them off and just sewed his arms into the area where they were supposed to go. Kaleb asked for purple and purple he got!

Thursday - Liam and Kaleb have a sister, Kadence.  She did not want a gnome but said 'Make me something".  So after finding out her favorite animal and color I made her this:


 A sweet little bunny she can carry around with her.  It was super easy to make and I had it finished in about 2 hours.  I started another To The Point prayer shawl in this same pink color.

Friday - Hubby ended up taking Josh to his treatment today.  Normally we don't have him on Friday but his wife needed to be at work early that day.  It was no problem for us retired folk.  I took my car into the dealership to finish up getting the paint protected.  This is still from the accident.  I had to wait for the paint to set for 30 days before I could have this done.  After hubby dropped Josh off at home he came out to pick me up from the dealership.  We decided to have lunch while we were out.  The dealership is in the town to the east of us.  It is a very 'country and western' type town.  If you had any doubt about that statement you would have not doubt left if you went to the Tumbleweed Bar And Grill for lunch.  It was like stepping back in time.  Other than the TV's surrounding the bar, this place could have been a setting for many of John Wayne's westerns!   After lunch, hubby and I grabbed a few groceries and by that time my car was ready to be picked up.  Luckily, there were leftovers from Thursday night for dinner.

Saturday - We had our normal food pick up and delivery to our food bank early this morning.  If finished the shawl I had started Thursday night.


Two shawls completed this week.  I now have 4 shawls that need the tags and medals sewn on them.  Maybe I will do that today while watching NFL play offs.  We went to Mass and afterwards went to our favorite Mexican placed for a little dinner.  I had their tortillas soup and it was so good.  Really warmed me up too.  When we got home I decided it had been a while since I had a sock on the needles.  So I started the Scatterby Socks.


I have had this yarn in my stash for years.  It is Naked Sock yarn in the colorway Bright Spot.  I think it will work well with this pattern.  The pattern is written toe up, but I really dislike doing toe up socks so I just reverse the pattern chart and do them cuff down.  I have just a few more rows of the cuff to do and then will start the pattern.

That brings me to today.  I have a large gnome waiting to be made for Kaleb, Liam and Kadence's mom.  She is a huge gnome person and has them for every season.  I want to make one for her that can sit out year round.  It will take me a bit of time, since it is going to be about 16-20 inches tall.  I also have a loaf of bread in the bread machine.  There is a load of laundry waiting to be done too.  Hubby is teaching class at church today so I have several hours to get things done before he comes home for lunch.

In the 30 minutes it took me to write this, the rain has finally started.  So, I am off to do a little knitting, laundry and reading.

Until Next Time.......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Very full week. We are getting rain also and it is so nice. There will be snow in the mountains for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful week. I agree, that sock yarn will look great with the Scatterby pattern. I do reverse sock patterns all the time but in my case to make them toe up. You got a lot done!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so productive, Marsha! That rain gnome is the cutest. Hoping he hangs around permanently. I appreciate the glimpse still into Josh's experiences, and by extension your experience with his treatment. You're all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your gnome gauge!! My Holly the cat is the same, she is a perfect patient once at the vet's office but getting her there is such a challenge to catch and put in a carrier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we had a rain gnome he would be drowned by now the amount of rain we have had for what seems like a year now. On my travels to England on the train i saw mile upon mile of flooding. We really do need to do some sort of proportional weather swap, you send us a bit of heat and we will send you a proportion of our rain! Deal? 😀. The purple gnome is cute and much better without the pockets that grabbed the eye too much and took away from his cute beardy face.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.