YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 14, 2024

WEEK 29 OF MY 13TH YEAR

 



Oh my goodness.  I hope all of you are safe, warm and dry.  After seeing the winter storm that was moving across the US, I was concerned for many of you living in the areas being hit by it.  We got a bit of rain here in the valley but our mountains got a lot of snow.  And while our temperatures are unusually low for us, they are nothing like y'all in the midwest region.  We watched the Kansas City football game last night and remembered while we no longer live in Kansas!  BRRRRRRRR!!!!! 

While watching the game last night I worked on one of my current projects.


I started another To The Point shawl on Thursday night and this is were I am as of this morning.  I little past half way.  It should be completed yet this weekend.

There is a finish from this past week.


This is Little Liam's gnome.  He asked me to make him one in blue.  I really liked the way the beard/nose was made in this pattern and may do more this way.  It is done all in one piece.  Less sewing is always good for me.

Once Liam's gnome was done, I picked up the yarn for Kaleb's gnome.


Kaleb requested a purple gnome.  I am a bit stalled on this one because of the pockets.  They do not make me happy.  I am thinking of taking them off and foregoing them.  Until I make a final decision as to what I will do, it is in time out.  Hence the reason the shawl was started.

And that, my friends is all for my crafting this past week.

Hubby and I did get all the Christmas taken down and put away this past week.  I sure do wish someone would come and eat all the Christmas goodies I still have sitting on my table.  I am about ready to throw them all away so I won't be tempted anymore.  Or, package them up and divide them between my sons' homes.  I won't give any to my daughter and her husband as they are both diabetic and shouldn't have them either!

I went with Josh for his radiation appointment on Wednesday.  It takes longer to get to the facility than it does for his treatment!  He is tolerating his chemo and radiation quite well.  Week one is completed.  Five more weeks to go in this cycle.

Today I am going to do NOTHING all day but work on my crocheting and knitting.  This coming week is packed with appointments and meet ups.  There are even enough leftovers from last nights football gathering for our dinner tonight!  Oh Happy Day!

I will leave you with this funny I found this past week.


Until Next Time.............Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. The blue gnome indeed is great. I'm glad your son is tolerating treatment pretty well. Sounds like a full week ahead. We spent this past week eating up leftovers so I think hubby is going to have to cook. Just as well. He goes crazy on these grey and rainy days. He baked cookies yesterday since he was bored. I don't need the calories. If I'm going to splurge on calories, it has to be chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the Kansas City game yesterday I began to feel cold just watching! Glad to hear the appointment went well for Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the gnome!!! I threw away a box of misc cookies that were doing me no good at all. It was liberating. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue gnome is adorable and the purple one will be fine without pockets. I hope you got your quiet day and that you managed to stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I need professional help too! Lol I forgot to post my name on last weeks comment (Liz) but you’ll probably have guessed it’s me as I’m playing catch up. Glad I caught this post, ooh the gnome is so cute. The pockets on the other may not look so odd once he has more accessories and a beard, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the multicolor yarn used on the blue gnome's body. Gnomes are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.