YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, June 25, 2023

YOP 12 WEEK 52/THE END

 


Here it is.  The end of Year of Projects year 12.  It is also my 12th year to participate.  In all these years I have learned what the quote "the best laid plans" really means.  This is why I have started being very vague with my 'goals/plans' for the past few years. 

Before I show you what I accomplished this year, take a look at what got done this past week.


I finished the Mehujaa Shawl and even got it blocked, dried and ready to be worn.  The final row was 481 stitches in total.  I did not think I would ever finish binding off.  It took almost 45 minutes.  I am in love with the neutral color and look forward to wearing it when a light wrap is needed. It won't be outside here anytime soon.  Our temps are well over 105F (41C) and will be for the next 3-4 months.

Now, here is my list of what I had planned to make/complete this past year.

 WIPs
Sock Scraps Granny Stripe (fingering weight) - 7/8/20 Thrown away!!!!
Madonna & Child - 8/7/20
Happy Camper - 2/24/22

PRAYER SHAWLS
To The Point
    6/26/22 - 7/2/22
    8/9/22 - 8/10/22
    8/11/22 - 8/16/22
    8/18/22 - 8/25/22
    9/24/22 - 10/7/22
    1/25/23 - 1/31/23
    6/5/23 - 6/12/23

SOCKS
Rose City Roller
    6/26/22 - 7/25/22
    7/26/22 - 8/8/22
    8/25/22 - 9/10/22
    9/14/22 - 1/22/23
    1/22/23 - 2/11/23
    5/30/23 - 
Scatterby 3/22/23 - 
    

SWEATERS
Nuuk 10/8/22 - 11/7/22 
Wee Sherlock 11/20/22 - 11/30/22 

PONCHO/CAPE/CLOAK
Azel 11/8/22 - 1/3/23

GNOMES
MGKAL 9/2/22 - 9/29/22

DISHCLOTHS


SCRUBBIES

MISC
Little Boy Blue Hat 12/1/22 - 12/2/22
Allagash Beanie 1/2/23 - 1/3/23
Giant Granny Square blanket to use up stash DK yarn - 9/9/21 - 1/17/23
RCR Fluffy Pink 2/11/23 - 2/13/23
RCR Fluffy Grey 2/13/23 - 2/17/23
Purl Soho Lap Blanket 2/17/23 - 3/22/23
Mehujaa Shawl 4/10/23 - 6/23/23
Baby Blanket 6/5/23 - 

I am a little sad that last year I started with 3 WIP's and this coming year I will have 5!  I don't think that was part of my plans lol.

What were some of my favorite items I completed this year?


The Nuuk sweater.  So comfy to wear and I love the change I made to the bottom.


A Gnome.  He still makes me smile. I need to make him some friends.


Giant Granny Square blanket.  It took forever to make this (2 years) because of our horrible hot summers.  Nothing like having a huge heavy blanket laying on your lap while it is 110 and above outside.  No amount of A/C and fans can keep a person cool enough to work on something like this. Small granny squares joined together to make blankets is a much better idea from now on.  All that being said, this blanket looks so nice on our guest bed.  I am glad I made it and did not give up.    

As you can see, there were two categories I planned on that did not see any action. No one needed dishcloths or scrubbies this year.  I still have quite a few made from last year that are waiting for a home.

I do feel like I completed quite a few items this year.  Twenty three in total! It was fun and I even branched out a bit.  The gnome was a totally new to me kind of knit and I loved making him.  Now I want to make more stuffed items. The other thing I tried so hard to do this year, was not purchase copious amounts of yarn.  I only bought 2 skeins I did not have immediate plans for.  Otherwise, anything I bought has already been used.  The granny square blanket used up quite a bit of my DK weight stash yarn that has been hanging around.  The 'To The Point' shawls use up 2 skeins of yarn of worsted weight stash for each shawl.  Slowly my stash yarn is being used.

Having just celebrated my 70th birthday, I realize, buying more yarn is probably not a grand idea unless I have a specific plan for it.  Of course I say this after purchasing 2 more skeins of fingering weight sock yarn this week.  It has not arrived yet so will show you what it is next week.  It is another mystery yarn.  Should be interesting to see what I am gifted this time.

Next week I will give you a look at my ideas for the coming YOP 13.  Are you interested in joining?  We would love to meet you. Follow this link to join in.  If you are not a member of Ravelry, go ahead and join it.  Membership is FREE!

Until Next Time........................................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. It was a great year. I can't imagine tackling such a big project as your blanket. I hear you on having an "estate plan" for my yarn stash but I do so love seeing my colorful yarn. My excuse is I'm helping local dyers in the present and if the yarn gets tossed in the future, I'm okay with my purchase. Your post reminded me I still have my gnome kit to be felted up. I think it will be a carryover project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great year and you are so disciplined about not buying yarn unless it is for a project. I always love your To The Point shawls and your latest one is a beauty and with the neutral color it will go with anything and everything. I love your giant Granny Square!
    I'm looking forward to everyone's plans for the YOP season ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it all mounts up doesn't it? You have made so many wonderful things! I'm always a sucker for a good gnome so that has to be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz here…I forgot to list what my favourite item was on mine but it was Dolores…and of the beautiful things you’ve shared with us this year that you’ve made I do love that gnome. I’m a sucker for a cute character. The blanket was so worth the wait too, it’s gorgeous colours. Well done on achieving so much this year, your new shawl looks great and I hope you get a freak cool evening so you get to wear it before autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to you!!! You've been so productive in your creating I love to see the recap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.