YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, June 11, 2023

WEEK 50

 



Only two weeks left for me in year 12 of YOP!  Craziness!  Will I be able to complete all my carry over projects before the completion of this year?  No way, no how!  Take a look at what happened this past week and then you will see why completion is not in the forecast.

Sunday I got a phone call from one of my grandsons.  He wanted to inform me that there is a new great grand daughter joining our family in October!  You know what that means.........


Baby knitting time!  I have had 3 skeins of baby pink pipsqueak yarn sitting in my stash for several years.  I pulled it out as well as the white skeins and started on a baby blanket straight away.  The color is much more pink than shows in the photo.  I will also be making a sweater and sweet bear eared hat once I get the yarn purchased.  Since blankets take so long to do, I decided to get started on it first.

But wait................there's more!


I felt it was time to start another To The Point prayer shawl.  Wow!  My photos are not showing true colors at all.  This is actually more blue than the photo shows.  I think this will be done before the last week of this YOP as long as I work on it daily and not just the baby blanket.  This is a quick crochet project, normally.  I really want to complete it this week and then take this one and the other prayer shawls I have completed, sew on the labels and medals and get them to my friend at church so they can be turned into the cancer ministry for distribution.  Stay tuned to see if I get it completed.

Other than those projects I still have these items on the needles.


There are 3 projects.  A shawl, scatterby socks and RCR socks waiting in the wings for some love.

Then there are these:


I still have 2 cross stitch pieces to work on.  The one on the left is 3/4 done.  The one on the right..............maybe 1/100!  It is a huge piece and so hard to work because much of it is white on white.  

I am hoping to have something completed by next week.  If I can keep distractions to a minimum next week.  Thursday is Hubby's birthday and Friday we have a priest friend coming over for dinner.  I have a grand child to take to work on Monday but other than that...............not much happening.  Looks like a promising week, right?  Once again, stay tuned!

I leave you with a sweet photo of my little boy dog.



This is about 4:30 in the afternoon.  He is patiently waiting for me to get out of my chair and go to the kitchen to feed him.  Feeding time is 6pm!  His internal clock is not very reliable LOL.

Until Next Time......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the impending new arrival! I love baby knits - so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, a new baby. I still have all the handmade baby blankets I got when my children were born. Hopefully someday I'll get to pass them on to their children. I certainly understand how the good news disrupts knitting plans. Oh well, man plans, God laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz here..well that’s exciting to have a new baby on the horizon to knit for. I hope your husband has a lovely birthday tomorrow. Your pup is for sure a cutie. Ylva starts staring at me about 15 mins before dinner, so a slightly better body clock 😂

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.