YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, April 16, 2023

WEEK 42 OF YEAR 12

 


Hey there!  Here is what happened this past week here.

I cast on a new project!


The Mehujaa Shawl is started.  It is being knit in Scheejpes Whirlette in colorway Ice.  The photo does not do it justice.  It is actually closer to an eggshell color.  I love this shawl and the knit pattern is pretty easy to memorize.  If you notice some small 'holes' in the stockinette area, have no fear.  This yarn has some thicker areas in it and hence the little holes are made while knitting away.  This is all I have worked on this week.  Until this is completed, it will most likely be my only project.  Yes, I still have a sock going but it is sitting off to the side at the moment.  I am sure it understands LOL.

Last Sunday my home was filled with family.  After they all left, I realized I had not taken one photo!  I was enjoying having everyone at my home, I just flat out forgot.  There was so much laughter and love.  My heart was filled to the top by the time the day was over.  

Here is the photo taken the day after.


My Sister in Law and her friend brought me this lily.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I still have 2 blooms on it but have a feeling by tomorrow it will be ready to go dormant for a while.  I am going to research on how I can keep this alive until it is time for it bloom again.  

I have one more photo for you:


Josie's Senior prom was last night.  This is her and her beau of over a year.  They are such a cute couple and really compliment each other.  He is a super nice guy and a gentleman too.  Once again this year, her dad acted as their chauffer.


The kids love it that he 'dresses' the part too.  


The lady on the far right, is one of Josie's best friends.  She does a lot of things with Josie and her beau.




This is how the evening goes when Dad chauffer's the 'royalty'.  It is in slow motion.

That's it for my week.  How was yours?

Until Next Time....................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!






4 comments:

  1. The shawl is lovely! You knit so fast. I bet that one will be a favorite. Josie looks lovely and what a hoot that her Dad dresses the part....too cute. That is really nice that Josie's girlfriend is invited to go with....Josie is a good friend! Have a good week and enjoy those beautiful lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shawl! I hope Josie and friends had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josie looks beautiful!! I do love when I cast on something new and it feels so right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz here, Josie looks so beautiful and what a gorgeous shade of red on her. I’m behind so the shawl must have more progress but I think the central panel is going to make this a pretty special looking shawl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.