YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, April 17, 2022

YOP 11 WEEK 42


Hey there!  Glad you could drop by again.  Want to see my progress for the week?


Mehujaa is still the only item I am working on.  As of today, there are 325 stitches on the needles.  It increases by 4 stitches every other row.  I still have 70 more rows to go before I begin the edging.  I have finally memorized the pattern.  That helps move this along a bit quicker.  I timed it yesterday and the knit rows are taking about 20 minutes to do and the purl rows about 15.  That means I still have over 40 hours or work to put into this.  My hopes of completing this by the end of the month are still there.

In other news.........................................

Today is Easter for our family.  Our contribution to Easter dinner is the ham and the bread.  So, yesterday, I made two loaves of bread.


 The loaf on the left is a copy cat recipe of King's Hawaiian Sweet bread.  (I will let you know if it really taste like it or not later).  The loaf on the right is just called Hawaiian sweet bread and is made using pineapple juice.  I did a test loaf of that one earlier this week and everyone agreed it needed to be a bit sweeter.  So I added more honey to it and some vanilla.  Hopefully it will be yummy.  (I will also let you know about that later too.)

In other news.............................................

This past week we had house painters come out and give us an estimate on painting the exterior of our home.  The painting will commence on May 3rd and 4th.  We also had a flooring person come and give us an estimate on the price of laying the last of our tile flooring in our home.  That will be happening the 12th and 13th of May.  I will be so happy when this is all completed and we can finally sit back and enjoy our home.  My dogs will be happy too, when no more strangers are traipsing through the house LOL.

What's new with you?

Until Next Time...............................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. The bread certainly looks lovely, I'm sure it will go down a treat. How very exciting to have the last parts of your house finished. I hope your Easter day is is all it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breads look and sound amazing!!! What a wonderful Easter dinner treat. Your shawl is beautiful. Best wishes on your home projects. Always a hassle but so worth it when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter. I have never heard of bread made with pineapple juice - I bet it goes spendidly with the ham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bread sounds totally delicious. I love anything sweet and love bread so I’d easily munch a whole loaf of sweetened bread. I couldn’t deal with working out how long things take, in my head I’m always thinking I just have a few hours left 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fresh bread looks so yummy. I look forward to reading how much like Hawaiian bread it tastes. You're getting the outside of your house updated too! How wonderful. I hope you have a blessed Easter Sunday. I'm waiting for youngest son to stop by to share an evening meal with hub and I. We're pretty low key here at this stage in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mehujaa is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, workers at the house...I can't relax if anyone is around here! I love your piece, the progression of pinks is so beautiful! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shawl is so pretty! Your bread looks yummy. Glad you're able to get all that work done on your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interested to know how your loaves turned out. I like a good sweet bread. What colors are you thinking of for your home?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.