YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, December 19, 2021

WEEK 25


 
Hey there.  Glad you could come by today.  Winter has finally arrived in the Phoenix metroplex.  Friday, I left my home early to run errands and as I drove past the front of my house, I noticed my roof was covered with frost.  Yup, that is about all the colder we get here where I live.  Frost is our winter.  But, travel an hour or two north of us and you will find snow and ice.  I love this state!

Want to see what I did this week?  Okay, let's go.

First up is my Vixynn sweater.  I know I know, it is all I have been showing you for the past few weeks.



This week I finished the bodice and now am onto the ruffle bottom part.  I am making this quite a bit longer than the pattern calls for.  The pattern has it stopping just below the waistband of pants.  Sorry, but this lady would like to cover a bit more of her body than that.  It is mindless knitting at this point too.  My goal is to have the body of the sweater completed by the end of this year.  Then I should be able to do the sleeves and neck in the first week of the new year.  That means it will be ready to go with me when we go to bury my MIL.  Well, that is the plan I have in my mind anyway.

Remember my Roe Cardigan?


All that was left to do on it was sew up the left side/arm seam and do the collar.  I did the side seam this week and made the collar I had designed.  Tried it on and this is what it looks like now.


I was greatly disappointed in it.  It was had no real shape to it other than the sleeves which were my own design.  The body of this sweater did nothing for a full figured woman.  In fact, it made a full figure look even fuller!  Anyway, I am reclaiming the yarn and have picked out a poncho pattern to make with it.  That will suit our weather here better anyway.  

The only other thing I made this week was Peanut Clusters.


I have never made them before.  They were the easiest candy I have ever done.  It is all done in the microwave and took me about 5 minutes from start to finish.  Now, here is why I made them this year...................Hubby bought peanuts from our bulk grocery bins.  When he got home he grabbed a handful of them and started eating them.  He got a funny look on his face and then it turned into a sad face.  He was thinking he had purchased dry roasted peanuts but instead had purchased salted peanuts.  He was going to throw them away but I told him I would find a recipe in which to use them.  Ta-da!  I have enough Vanilla bark to make half of what I made the first time.  I will be making that today and taking them to our family Christmas dinner along with other goodies I have been making this year.

Did I tell you I made my mom's fruitcake this year?  I know, many people can not stand it.  But I swear this recipe is so yummy and moist.  Probably because we marinate it with booze for three weeks before we eat it.  This year I used Fireball to marinate it with.  Hubby and I finally were able to have a piece on Friday.  Oh My Goodness!  It was so good.  We decided the Fireball was even better than the brandy my mom usually used.  The cinnamon flavor really added to the tastiness of the cake.

The end of this past week was not as pleasant as we would have hoped for.  There were two deaths in our family circle.  One never knows when their time on this earth is up.  So, please, tell those close to you how much you love them.  Make memories everyday to last forever.  If you see someone without a smile, give them yours. And finally, if you can be anything.....Be kind.

Until Next Time........................Happy Crafting and I Love You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your losses. Always a good reminder that you never know when will be the last time you see someone. I am also sorry you didn't like your cardigan. How painful. But congratulations for being willing to frog it and reuse the yarn. Glad your fruitcake out especially good this year. Hope you and hubby have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes knits can disappoint and I find that I learn something for the next knit that happens on the needles. Sorry for the family losses so close to the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your losses.

    Oh no to the Roe cardigan, but if you are not going to wear it then repurchased and used in something you will is the best course of action. Your Vixyyn looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences on your losses. So sad, and especially hard this time of year I imagine. It must have been hard to frog all your hard work on your cardigan, but I am sure you will be happier with the new project. I am delighted to hear of your 'winter' weather - it will be warming up soon enough eh? Merry Christmas to you and yours and enjoy those yummy looking peanut clusters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your sweater. I loved it but you tried it on and if it isn't for you then you are smart to reuse the yarn on something you will truly love.
    I have never made fruit cake or peanut clusters but yours sound good.
    The Vixyn sweater is really coming along. It looks like you will be done soon. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry for the deaths in the family Marsha. I hope you're doing okay. Your cardigan is so beautiful and looks like it'll be so cozy too. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! ♥♥🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m very sorry for your recent losses, 2021 has been a rough year and I hope 2022 is a better one. Thanks for the reminder to make happy memories. I wondered if a darker coloured yarn may be more flattering in this pattern, but I’m sure you will find a pattern this yarn is perfect for instead. I hope you enjoyed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.