And with a ponytail. The pattern is ponytail-poof hat and is free on Ravelry. I had a real hard time making gauge on this hat. I was using a worsted weight yarn (at least it said it was on the band) but when completed, it could have fit a third grader. I tried changing needle size but that gave it too much of an open weave. I finally broke down and bought the yarn used by the designer. It is not an expensive yarn by any means. I just didn't want to buy yarn. LOL Once I got the proper yarn, it only too me a couple of evenings to complete the hat.
It is pretty easy knitting now that it is joined and being knit in the round. I have a couple more inches to go and then I will be starting on the ruffled bottom. My plans are to make this longer than the pattern calls for. I bought quite a bit of extra yarn just for that purpose. My idea of having this completed in time for our trip in January is starting to fade. In a weeks time I only got about 6 inches completed. That means in 2 weeks I could have the ruffle done and then there are still sleeves and a neckline to do. We will see how it goes.